My Swedish LK70 has turned up.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I have been curious about these for a while now, thinking it may bridge the gep bettween my love for beautiful ( but heavy! )
Canvas and leather packs ( I have two by Rugged River ) and more modern packs like my Jaguar.
I have been looking for some time to try out an external framed pack.
The LK70 fits the bill in those respects, and so I resolved to track one down.
These are becomming harder to find but lo and behold, there the were on ebay!
I made a phone call to Military Mart and spoke to owner Dave Wood, who was very helpful, bit of a fan of the Swedish kit and a Scout leader.
I have just walked in to find my bag delivered ( ordered Tues, late afternoon.)
First impressions are very good. Good grade one stock , made by Hagloffs in 1991, all leather straps and zips in good condition and working well.
Some storage marks but nothing that represents any problem at all..
Full report when I have had chance to pack it and see how it feels on a yomp here on Exmoor.
No other association to declare, just a customer with a heads up.
The best part?
Under £30 , delivered.

Chris.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
As a fellow Rugged River user ( an Olive Exped pack, like yours, in fact it is the proto-type, and the 45lrt day pack )
I would have to say yes, it has the 'feel'.
And for that kind of money!??
Best.
Chris.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Ive wanted one for a while aswell but I dont need one so i keep holding off but its getting harder to resist :)

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Is there a difference between old and new LK70's? I bought one a while ago and it was cordura with some leather straps but the rest were a rubbery material. I just wonder as it is listed as canvas with all leather straps? :s I gave that rucksack away, wasn't keen on the cordura and rubber straps!

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
ttiwwp.jpg

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Please stop talking about these, I've been wanting one for years now! Must resist more bergans...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE