My latest leather Satchel & Quiver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hi folks, I haven't been posting up lately as have had a busy month! Since leaving my job a month ago, I have been taking on more and more orders and am back to doing my leatherwork full-time. I've mostly been working on larger orders, so haven't had anything to show off for weeks, until now ;)

First up is an Asiatic styled quiver made for a fellow Aberdonian. It's carved with a Scythian deer on each side, has a rolled edge around the rim, and the traditional leather lace inside to seperate different types of arrows. The flat bottom is box stitched in so it can stand up on its end. Everything is hand cut, hand carved, hand dyed, and hand saddle-stitched :)

HG Quiver 1 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

HG Quiver 2 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

HG Quiver 3 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

HG Quiver 4 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Next is another satchel. This one has a custom designed knotwork Thors hammer on the flap, a valknut on the front, and a runic Futhark circle on the back. It is fully lined and an internal pocket built-in. All hand cut, carved, dyed, and stitched :)

Poor quality photos of this one im afraid

Half-Goat Satchel Mjolnir by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Half-Goat Satchel Mjolnir 5 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Half-Goat Satchel Mjolnir 8 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Half-Goat Satchel Mjolnir 20 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Half-Goat Satchel Mjolnir 10 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
WOW Hamish I've kind've run out of superlatives to describe your work. Those are truely masterful pieces of work, I can't believe that your stuff continues to get better. The recipients of those are going to be very happy puppies.

Sent via smokesignal from a woodland in Scotland.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Me too

I liked the stag on the quiver, its from the ice mummies? I remember reading a book on those excavations, -the designs were striking and very modern, and Im suprised a designer hasnt cottoned on to them.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
WOW Hamish I've kind've run out of superlatives to describe your work.

I think this kind of says it all. great work.

I really love the quiver.

I'm nearly finshed a bracer/Guard that started as a scrap peice of 2.2mm thick deerskin and just seemed to get more and more OTT every time I went near it. (it now has four different leathers skin in it, plus 2 thincknessess of veg tan.)

Iam hoping to follow it up with a quiver pretty soon, but I doubt it will be a patch on yours :lmao:. realy like the idea of the seperation for different arrows.

goodjob

Ste

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I think this kind of says it all. great work.

I really love the quiver.

I'm nearly finshed a bracer/Guard that started as a scrap peice of 2.2mm thick deerskin and just seemed to get more and more OTT every time I went near it. (it now has four different leathers skin in it, plus 2 thincknessess of veg tan.)

Iam hoping to follow it up with a quiver pretty soon, but I doubt it will be a patch on yours :lmao:. realy like the idea of the seperation for different arrows.

goodjob

Ste

Nice one mate, looking forward to seeing that sounds very interesting :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE