Some of my latest Leatherwork

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
lovely work as always Hammish.

I made my second wallet for a friend recently and your are just so much neater that mine! :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see some of these bigger projects you've been metioning!

PS, The strap on the watch usually goes on the other way round, Buckle at the top :eek:

Thanks! I've just finished making a strap a my new watch (much more basic than the work in this thread) and you've just saved me making that exact mistake!.

atb
Ste

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
lovely work as always Hammish.

I made my second wallet for a friend recently and your are just so much neater that mine! :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see some of these bigger projects you've been metioning!

Thanks! I've just finished making a strap a my new watch (much more basic than the work in this thread) and you've just saved me making that exact mistake!.

atb
Ste

cheers mate :) Currently working on a couple more wallets that I'm more excited about!

Dreadhead

great stuff. how intricate can those carvings be?

Thanks! That really depends on the size of the carved area and the thickness in the leather, and of course the skill of the craftsman ;) I can carve some fairly detailed designs when required, but nothing like those portrait carvers in the states; that's just a whole new level of leather art!

Dreadhead

Those are to your usual high standard; I see the snoopy watch design is from Gaults cross, on the Isle of Man?

(I have a snoopy watch somewhere too.)

I havent done any work for a while; save today, when I skinned a sofa...

It's a handy stamp to have for sure the twi-weave, I also have a larger one with a trinity knot inside which is real nice. I didn't intend it to resemble the Gaults cross, but I'm glad if it does!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE