Some new leatherwork bits from me

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Thought i'd throw some of these up, as I've been doing a few 'first timers' recently which has been a lot of fun :)

My first crack at some beer tankards, fully hot waxed. And why make something plain when you can tool it.... so I cranked out some nice Pictish spiralwork and celtic knots as I usually do ;)

HalfGoat Leatherwork Celtic Tankards 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Leatherwork Celtic Tankards 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

I was recently asked if I could provide four special sturdy cases for a fellas groomsmen in time for his wedding. This is the result

HalfGoat Leatherwork Drink Cases 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Leatherwork Drink Cases 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Leatherwork Drink Cases 4 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Leatherwork Drink Cases 5 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Another first was being asked to make a motorcycle seat. He wanted it in black with the punisher skull tooled on it in a different colour. The metal seat itself had been custom made and due to the fit, I decided not to wetform this. It's simple bent into shape over the foam and steel and moulds nicely when sat on.

HalfGoat Leatherwork Punisher Bike Seat 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Leatherwork Punisher Bike Seat 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Another first this month was this ladys handbag. It's incredibly difficult to make a ladys handbag actually look handmade rather than just another machine made fancy label bag. Though the customers instructions were incredibly specific so I couldn't deviate much with design. Not entirely sure if i succeeded here or not!

HalfGoat Leatherwork handbag 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Leatherwork handbag 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Some sheath commissions which have been good fun for members here

HalfGoat Leatherwork Boar friction sheath by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Leatherwork Odin sheaths by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Another Tree of Life satchel, this time in mahogany. Actual colour is somewhere between the two images

Half-Goat Leatherwork Tree Life Mahogany Satchel 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
Half-Goat Leatherwork Tree Life Mahogany Satchel 4 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking/reading :)

middlewolf

Feb 12, 2017
Portland, OR
As for the drinking mugs, something we use here in the states is called "envirotech" to line and "liquid proof" the mugs for daily use. This is used a lot by vendors who make these for sale at SCA events. Not sure what name it might be under over there.

edjuh

Jan 27, 2015
Haarlem
Forcing us to :

a. Drole
b. Buy
c. Want
d.... stand back in a jealous mood

The choices you leave us with ... dear oh dear...

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
If you think this stuff looks great in pictures you are not ready for seeing it in the flesh, especially if you have money burning holes in your wallet, good thing is though he also makes amazing wallets

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE