My knife broke! Make sure you can trust yours.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm fed up with my knife, it's pretty enough but the steel hasn't been well hardened, there are points on the blade edge that roll as soon as it's sharpened :( I'm going to save up for a custom one, I like the look of Davy Moore's one for sale, the Celtic one, beautiful knife! A bit pricey for me at the mo, but I'll save up and get one :D

I'm looking at getting a sickle as well, mainly for gathering. i do use pruners but I need something faster.

What knife do you have ? cos you could do me such a favour :naughty: :D it's just deviousness on my part...if I reduce my stash I *might* just manage to slip a damascus blade by the menfolks :eek: :cool:

I reckon Jojo's modern take on the Bronze Age one H.S. commissioned for me to use is the best I've used. It's just 'right' :approve: Ideal for everything from willow and brambles, nettles and elders, bracken, heather and bog myrtle........and apples too :rolleyes: :D

atb,
M

MadRat - no worries. Happy to help with the pic thing.

Cobweb - I saw that "Celtic" knive on Davy Moore's site the other day. I have to say I was rather keen on it myself.
I'm not sure if he makes all his knives this way, but from what he said when I met him he might... the knife I got has a rather narrow handle - excellent if you don't like the whole coke-bottle shaped fat handles a lot of bushcraft type knives come with, maybe not if you do.
Oh, and mine's not zero ground like some are either. There's a small secondary grind on it too. It'd be easy enough to find out if anything he was selling had one though - he's a really nice guy and would no doubt be happy to answer any questions.
There's always the full custom road too. :p

Toddy - lucky indeed.
I saw a few of the knives on his site before I went over to Ireland with my girlfriend and have to say I was mightily impressed by what I saw on there too.
Can't say I expected I'd end up owning one!

I've been wondering if I should post a coin to him to be on the safe side! Haha.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE