My birthday presents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
8yhuve5y.jpg
my wife did very well I can't wait to put them to use. Don't panic I am applying for a crayfish licence. Very happy though

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I have that exact same pot! lovely to leave in the watter while I am looking for bigger game this time of year.

Oh and here is my birthday Gift for you: a Tip with the pot.

Don't be tempted to hang a weight off the back of the clips take a sock a hand full of sand / pebbles and some string fill the sock with the sand or pebbles tie it off then tie it onto the wire below the bait net. If you do it to the clips they bend and stand a chance of ripping the net. Oh and use Orange or Pink cord on the net helps make it easier to find.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
The last 10 / 20ft to be honest most people don't get that curious unless your on a tourist beach, then again I have used bright dayglow orange in the albert dock when after peeler crabs and it was tied to a pole on the dock side and no one seemed to notice.

I think the simple fact is most people are not as observant as we feel, the only and I mean only high-vis thing I would avoid is marker floats, I tried them on smaller pots and I had boat owners try and pull them up.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Thanks for the tip and advise. I also had been given a weekend bushcraft course on tracking. I am a very happy bunny :)

No problem sorry for the double post but I was typing as you where submitting.

If you want a nice crab bait take a tin of tuna stab it a few times and leave it for a day or two then it becomes a magnet for any crab and the odd fish too (Warning expect eel's, bring a towel) If you can get close to the shore and not let it get mangled on the lay or retrieve you will get immature lobsters in it, check your local authority for the legal size but I suggest letting them go lobsters taster better while they are young but don't reproduce properly until they are anywhere from 10 - 15 years old. So only take one or two and throw the rest back of the older bigger ones.

Also let the eel's go they are endangerd, fun to catch but need all the help they can get.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE