What did santa bring?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Share your best..and worst presents this year.

I got a light up tin of m&s chocolate truffles, yum!

A spotting scope for wildlife watching, wow!

A box of medijule dates, slurp

Home made chutney. Cheese has a new friend

Some crafting supplies, yahay!

A huge multipackpack of aa batteries. Light of my life.

And best of all, (two days ago) a delivery of 1/4 ton of logs for the woodburner. Warmest thanks.

Long wool socks, and a thermal vest. M &S 's best. Cosy hugs.

No bad presents. All very useful and well appreciated.

Oh, I forgot the bottle of ink and old fashoned dip pen

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Books,

The Odyssey by Homer
Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain
Britain BC - Francis Pryor (Had a copy once before but regretted getting rid of it, so Nephew bought be a new copy)
Britain AD - Francis Pryor
Green Woodworking Pattern Book & Traditional Woodland Crafts - Modern reprints so i don't spoil my original copies.
Spoon carving book - EJ Osborne (Hatchet & Bear)
Bag of chocolate coins

More family coming later in the week with my Great Niece, so hopefully a few more books.

Been a good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: William_Montgomery

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I shop for my own presents, mostly. Having lost both my landing net and my water filter on a recent trip, I had those replaced for Christmas.
  1. Aquapure Traveller bottle
  2. Rapala Karbon All Round net, carbon fibre frame.
  3. Replacement 18cm cooking pot, PFOA free coating
  4. Two nice Brown Trout publishing landscape calendars
  5. A few eatables which were surprises.
No bad presents.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I can't say it's the 'worst' present, but it's definitely one worth a laugh.

A boxful of lovely gifts from my cousin included a bird feeder full of llama wool to hang up come springtime for nest making.....and I jest you not, a bag of llama fertiliser....he sent me a bag of llama poo !
I laughed until I looked at the website and saw the price !

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Leather pen roll and a wool mix jumper. I know it's not pure wool but it's a warm jumper and I appreciate receiving it.

I also got a diary, I'm a filofax user, and a load of smellies, I don't wear deodorant. Also got a corduroy shacket. Well I think I'll take that back and swap for a plaid shacked instead. That's what M&S is about right?

I am not sure I'm very good at looking grateful when I get stuff I'd prefer not to have, but I don't like to upset people. I have enough storage space to take it, look grateful and then bury it where I'll not see it again!

None of my stuff are bushcraft or homestead related. But the simple pen roll in thick leather is nice, even if a bit impractical for carrying my work pens (I use fountain pens). Matches the leather cover of my traveler's notebook almost complete match in colour but the roll is thicker leather.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Nothing much.

But I dont want anything. I need to get rid of stuff.

And I didnt get anything I didnt want. Nor sprouts.

My family get me stuff all year round.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Unusually for me I was apparently not on the Naughty list this year.

Santa’s Star Prize: 2 days forging a Damascus knife in sunny North Yorkshire. Can’t wait.
I hope you all got your perfect presents too.
Happy New Year,
Simon

• Love
Reactions: Toddy

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Leather pen roll and a wool mix jumper. I know it's not pure wool but it's a warm jumper and I appreciate receiving it.

I also got a diary, I'm a filofax user, and a load of smellies, I don't wear deodorant. Also got a corduroy shacket. Well I think I'll take that back and swap for a plaid shacked instead. That's what M&S is about right?

I am not sure I'm very good at looking grateful when I get stuff I'd prefer not to have, but I don't like to upset people. I have enough storage space to take it, look grateful and then bury it where I'll not see it again!

None of my stuff are bushcraft or homestead related. But the simple pen roll in thick leather is nice, even if a bit impractical for carrying my work pens (I use fountain pens). Matches the leather cover of my traveler's notebook almost complete match in colour but the roll is thicker leather.
Ungrateful sod.

People took time out to get you presents they hoped you would like and appreciate...... Waste of time that was.!!

Reactions: William_Montgomery

jcr71

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2014
hampshire
lots of cheese and cheese related stuff, crackers, pickle etc.

opened a jar of pickled onions and was taken by surprise. they were pickled with chillies!
after i got over the initial shock i actually started to enjoy them.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Ungrateful sod.

People took time out to get you presents they hoped you would like and appreciate...... Waste of time that was.!!
They don't know I'm ungrateful. Besides I know the gift giver has a policy of buying a lot of cheaper items so the receiver gets loads of pressies to open. It's about quantity not quality and they're quite open about it. They don't expect us to use everything they give.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
You're not envious of leather pen roll? Philistine!

Mind you my birthday is less than 2 weeks before and I got a north face 70 litre kit bag in red. Complete with rucksack straps! Now are you envious?

If not then bright red colour might tip you over into envy! Lol!

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Nothing much.

But I dont want anything. I need to get rid of stuff.

And I didnt get anything I didnt want. Nor sprouts.

My family get me stuff all year round.
Bit like me, spend money on my teenager kids, nothing for me. Even they are at the age where they didn’t know what they wanted

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Worst gift, both the girlfriend and dog in Madrid until April, with visits once a month.
Best gift, double bed to myself, no early mornings of Kenzo slapping me in the face for walkies, all my kit spread over the living room as I sort it without nagging, no reality TV or angst ridden dramas on the TV and no Reggaeton. Also a very nice brass Niwaki blue Steel Higonokami knife from a customer as a thank you, and 500g of premium Iberico Chorizo from my sorely missed girlfriend given to me on my last visit before Christmas, I got a lot of very admiring looks at the airport thanks to that, maybe I shouldn’t have put it in my trouser pocket.
And I brought myself a Foodsaver compact vacuum sealer, I now have a freezer full of home made boil in the bag meals.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Visiting relatives today so Ill probably get something.

Almost definitely Twiglets...

And, its my birthday tomorrow...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE