Mother Nature? Oh, please......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
having got this far, you may think that AndyBB's diatribe is nothing more than the opinionated, egotistical drivel of some tw*t on his soapbox having a bad day, who's perhaps been nipped by somebody's beloved lapdog. ... :naughty:

well im here to tell you having met Andy on several occasions at North Wood, he is one of the most affable, good humoured and generous blokes you would wish to meet. ... but dont take my word for it ask Tom, or Jerry. :D

Andy I don't know you yet and I stand on the other side of the fence to you on this (not that that matters to me) but I'd really like to know what brought this on ... any chance you can tell us ?

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Well, barring unforseen comets etc, we've got 4-odd billion years to evolve sufficiently to avoid getting swallowed by the Sun as it ennters its red giant stage!

I think we may have less time than that.........As the earth's core is cooling we risk loosing our electro magnetic shield & so life on this planet will be fried by solar radiation.................................then there's the tiny matter of the Milky way colliding with Adromeda........which will come first, the death of the sun or the astral orgy.. ?
Now if we can only find a Stargate, our futur will be secured.:D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You have wonder sometimes, just what kind of distorted mind came up with that. :dunno: or what they were smoking ?

On t'other hand the reality is that something with ever growing teeth and claws and as vicious as a rabbit was ever considered to make a good pet :rolleyes: They look all soft and fluffy and cute, but they can be savage wee brutes.

M

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
having got this far, you may think that AndyBB's diatribe is nothing more than the opinionated, egotistical drivel of some tw*t on his soapbox having a bad day, who's perhaps been nipped by somebody's beloved lapdog.

well im here to tell you having met Andy on several occasions at North Wood, he is one of the most affable, good humoured and generous blokes you would wish to meet. ... but dont take my word for it ask Tom, or Jerry. ... :naughty:

You trying to ruin my street cred? :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I think we may have less time than that.........As the earth's core is cooling we risk loosing our electro magnetic shield & so life on this planet will be fried by solar radiation.................................then there's the tiny matter of the Milky way colliding with Adromeda........which will come first, the death of the sun or the astral orgy.. ?
Now if we can only find a Stargate, our futur will be secured.:D

I remember reading a book long ago that had at its heart the story of some scientists trying, and succeeding, infinding a way theoretically to utilise black holes to travel effectively FTL. On taking it to the government, they were crushed to find out that this had already been tried, but the results had never been published, as the result was actually slower than the speed of light, and they didn't want to demoralise Earth's population by telling them that they'd never, ever travel to the stars........

A nice cheery ending I thought!

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Andy I don't know you yet and I stand on the other side of the fence to you on this (not that that matters to me) but I'd really like to know what brought this on ... any chance you can tell us ?

Nah - i'd only go off on another one! But suffice to say that it was a combination of articles including how Mother Gaia was going to come riding to the defense of the otherwise happy animal kingdom who all lived in peace and harmony before men came, riding on the back of the horned Green Man. Accompanied by pics of her and her kids, who clearly had been taught the same thing by mummy, who had clearly been partaking of various natural substances........... And, no, I'll not be posting up a reference, as this is a family site, and such atrocities should not be spread amongst the young:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Erhm, the Wild Hunt comes to mind......and if you've ever seen humans as a gang pack hunting, yeah that's brutal. I suspect that half those old tales are firmly rooted in humanity's supposed 'idyllic' natural past, and it's not that peaceful.
Ask any of the Historians or Archaeologists on her about that.

M

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Come now Woodspirits. Do you not find the Monty Pythonesque twitchings of the scientifically biased, as amusing as the wailing and threats of damnation issued by the men in strange pointed hats and clutching shepherds crooks, based in Canterbury and Rome??
lol-030.gif
lol-030.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE