most useless kit ever seen on the market

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Well there are so many useless items out there that it is hard to choose. But some items come to mind.
This is one. The telescopic grill spit.

12919.jpg

I actually have tree (and no, they are all gifts). These loosen after the second sausage and renders itself even more useless.
Hardly worth using as kindling.

This is also a good candidate.

priest_568_jpg_303676f.jpg

A priest, for killing that trout you just got!!!? Your knife, or any stick would be just as useful.
Besides it cost as much as 4-5 gill nets.

And last a contraption from over the atlantic ocean. The butt out tool.

00630_butt_out.jpg

Suposedly makes it easier to field dress game. Strangely I have never heard anyone wondering about wether such an item existed.
Well, supose you don`t know what you need until you see it.

Tor

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Must be for testing the animal is dead... :D

Yup, I'd bet that'd even make a possum react! I'm wincing just thinking about it.

While on the subject of Sporks though, it does spring to mind another useless eating utensil Chopsticks. Granted, there are a lot of south east Asian countries that use them expertly, but in the hands of your avearage westerner the only thing they're good for is getting your lap covered in noodles.

I think it's a conspiracy to make us lose face in the eyes of our little yellow brothers.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Yup, I'd bet that'd even make a possum react! I'm wincing just thinking about it.

While on the subject of Sporks though, it does spring to mind another useless eating utensil Chopsticks. Granted, there are a lot of south east Asian countries that use them expertly, but in the hands of your avearage westerner the only thing they're good for is getting your lap covered in noodles.

I think it's a conspiracy to make us lose face in the eyes of our little yellow brothers.

Chopsticks are great, for pre-cut food, like most asian dishes. A really useless thing on the table is the table knife, you can't really cut with it anyway. The grill/meat variety is okay, but still I prefer the thai-way with a fork and a spoon. Eating is not about enjoying yourself, it's about shuffling in nutrition into your system.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE