most useless kit ever seen on the market

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Even granting this to be true....what do you do after touching said dispenser? Oh yes, wash your hands with anti bacterial soap!! This in fact is the entire fecking point of touching the soap dispenser - because you plan to wash your hands immediately!

Even more infuriating...what do you do after you wash your hands?...open the door to get out of the Lavvy, et al...or worse you go out side and touch the 'real world'....OMG you may actually get dirt on your once supposed clean hands!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
Oh Don't get me started on the 'advertising man' I can't abide by their whole 'profit from fear policy' AAAAARRRRGGHH!!!!!
oooh you've got me on my high horse now...it'll take all day to jump off....:rolleyes:

Even more infuriating...what do you do after you wash your hands?...open the door to get out of the Lavvy, et al...or worse you go out side and touch the 'real world'....OMG you may actually get dirt on your once supposed clean hands!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
Oh Don't get me started on the 'advertising man' I can't abide by their whole 'profit from fear policy' AAAAARRRRGGHH!!!!!
oooh you've got me on my high horse now...it'll take all day to jump off....:rolleyes:

I used to work for a hand hygene equipt manufature in the design dept we has a guy try and sell us his idea (which he was trying to patent ) for a push door handle that squirted your hand with anti bac as you pushed ;)

and yes we did make units that did soap water and hot air dry all on sensor (you have probably shouted at em in Mc Donalds :D )

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I hate public loos. I don't mind dirt (see sig line) but human filth is repulsive.

I like the no touch flush/ wash/ dry thingies :)
Not for the house though; but public places, yes, I think they're a good thing.

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Now theres a pretty toy :)

The stupidist thing for sale? Electrically pumped anti bacterial soap dispensers. Shown on TV cos you might pick up bacteria from a soap dispenser!

Even granting this to be true....what do you do after touching said dispenser? Oh yes, wash your hands with anti bacterial soap!! This in fact is the entire fecking point of touching the soap dispenser - because you plan to wash your hands immediately!

***?

31U8XeHp9qL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Product Features
Quick, easy and touch-free — to help prevent the spread of harmful germs

No messy spills: wide opening makes refills fast and easy
Pop-off lid: makes refills easy
8cm W x 14.6cm D x 18cm H
2 year warranty

It gives me a headache to think down to the stupidity level of the purchaser!

They control the amount of soap that gets squirted out. This means that it can overdo the portion control so it runs out a bit quicker and needs replacing more frequently.
As said though, totally pointless if you've just washed your hands.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Klingon like knives.

I saw one the other day that looked like a Freddy Krueger meets Worf creation. Great if you're culling teenagers in a haunted house but not so good if you need to whittle a wood spirit on a branch round the campfire one night.

I'm with you about public loos and door handles. I take a bit of toilet paper with me and use that as a "glove" to open the door, gives me the creeps thinking who might have gone out before me and didn't wash their hands. Not OCD about it but like Toddy says some things are best avoided if pos'.

Another thing that's totally useless in my opinion. Pound shop tools. Llike socket sets, saws, screwdriver bits, you know they're going to be shyte but the temptation to buy them is always there since they're so cheap. Granted cheap tools are sometimes good but there's a limit to what you'd expect to pay balenced against qaulity.

Another thing that annoys me is unecessary signage. "Danger cliff ahead" well duh! That bit drop there to the jagged rocks in the sea below certainly got my attention long before the posted sign did. Or "Beware of trains" at level crossings and "stop when red light flashes".

Sometimes I think the signs like this should be removed and anyone who falls off cliffs or gets hit by a sneaky train them should be thanked for their withdrawal from the gene pool.

Harsh?

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
we did make units that did soap water and hot air dry all on sensor (you have probably shouted at em in Mc Donalds :D )

May be i need to calm down ;)

no the ones in places like that i think are 'OK' as they are touchless...not for the hygeine issue but because they are less prone to fatigue initiated by use/abuse of the general morons...er...public.

it's the 'If you have a bacteria in your house you will be responsible for the deaths of every child in history' or 'use our product to avoid instant death' kind of approach I have an issue with....i'm pretty sure most cleansers claim to kill 99.9% of bacteria...and they have for as long as i can remember, so i have no idea what improvments the new product have over the last....

RIGHT BACK ON TO THE ORIGINAL POST........serrated Blades....any one???:pokenest:

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
ah...Biker got a knife in there already...I took too long to formulate a reply :(

But yes....signage

Down the A14 last 2 weeks ago I saw BIG Electronic road signs that had just been installed...and mile after mile I'd chuckle at the little yellow signs underneath saying "Sign not in use"....how confusing ;)
I'm sure the 'darwin effect' will show up as some one will look at the yellow sign in isolation and sit there for a day or two thinking 'does not compute' until there head explodes....Tee hee hee

May be i need to calm down ;)

no the ones in places like that i think are 'OK' as they are touchless...not for the hygeine issue but because they are less prone to fatigue initiated by use/abuse of the general morons...er...public.

teh most public proof ones are button op they are machined buttons from big bits of brass with amicro switch sensor op oens get chewing gum stuck on them or the lend flamed with a lighter

the real vandle proof ones have fire sensors inthe bowl that turns the water on when the little darlings fill the bowl with toilet paper and set it alight ;)

ATB

Duncan

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Bear Grylls!!!.............Sorry mis read the header - thought it said 'most useless twit on the market'!!! In fairness to the Bearman I've just read his book on climbing Everest & it was a very good read - he seems a lovely lad (in case you're reading this Mr Grylls - sir...)

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
Bear Grylls!!!.............Sorry mis read the header - thought it said 'most useless twit on the market'!!! In fairness to the Bearman I've just read his book on climbing Everest & it was a very good read - he seems a lovely lad (in case you're reading this Mr Grylls - sir...)

genius....

great

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE