mosi net in winter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
does anyone continue to use a mosi net throught winter, i know there shouldn't be any flying nasties around, but i wondered if it would increase the temperate inside a hammock or help to keep the frost off

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
I did use mine this weekend as I was out for the night last weekend and got bitten loads.

As for temp couldn't say really, had a cold nose last weekend and this one.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It has its uses, if not for what it was intended for. Prepping food for instance, you could use it to wash out the tannins in acorns as we all saw in the Wild Food series. Of course, you could use it after washing veg as a strainer. Making tea with leaves, making a snow marshmallow if you live somewhere cold and snowy, gathering tinder and hang it up and dry it out in the net the uses are endless. It weighs nowt and packs down small, it's worth taking along as you will find a use for it. Maybe even banging your stinky socks in and hanging them outside the tent so that you don't have stinky socks in your tent all night!

Edit: I'm a twit, I thought you meant a head mosi net! :rolleyes:

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
I found that it does cut down on the wind chill a little, and in a lite breeze cut's it out almost completly. Also stops snow being blown under your tarp and into the hammock. On the ground i'm not sure if it'd do that much?!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE