Morning campers!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi, I have just joined the site after a recommendation from Ian at Glyn-y-Mul farm in Wales. I have always been what my mother describes as a 'ferral' camper, but now that the kids are older, and therefore more able to contribute to wood collecting, shelter building etc and less likely to require nannying, we have been heading to Glyn-y-Mul about three times a year for the last two years as well as other 'wilder' sites within easy distance.
I originally took them when
a) I found my girl guide hand book when moving house, re-read it and got re-inspired!
b)I needed to disconnect the kids from games consoles, phones, tv's etc etc (mini-brat-camp!!!)
c)I wanted somewhere close-ish to home so my partner could drop us off and collect us in a few days (adding to the survival feeling if there is no car nearby!)
Glyn-y-Ml fitted the bill well it's about an hour and a half away, and we have had some brilliant visits there, met some great people and learnt new skills, I am desperate to get outdoors again, it's been wet, cold and grey for too long and I am beginning to get cabin fever!
I am enjoying what I am reading so far on this site, and can't wait to get the kids in the open to try out some of the things I have learnt!

So that's me,
Nice to be here!
W x

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello Wilcey and welcome to the site, G-Y-M is a pretty good site, there have been quite a few South Wales meets there, if your interested there is one there on Feb 1st for the w/end. If you can't make that one why not join us for the West Wales meet 21st - 23rd March.
Go to the Social Gatherings & Meetups section on the forums page and you'll find the meets on there!
Other than that, enjoy the site if you have any questions then just ask, there will no doubt be someone on here who will give you the answers!:)

Wow, aren't you all a lovely bunch?!?!?

Thanks for the great welcomes, I will explore the idea of coming to meets, because of the nature of our work it's hard to commit ourselves in advance of events, but I will see what is possible!

Thanks for the welcomes!

W x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE