Moments of irritation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
i'm glad this came back up, i forgot to add the worst thing mother nature ever invented....

COUCH GRASS :cussing:

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
Great Tits, :rolleyes: We call them the squeaky wheel birds.............and one sits in the big sycamore behind the houses and squeaks along every morning............at 4.15 :sigh:

cheers,
Toddy

That is bizarre.
If it's the birdcall I'm thinking of.All of my family call it the 'squeaky wheel bird' too!
I've been looking out for ages but I've never caught a sight of one.Bloody things follow me everywhere !
Thanks for the ID.
Cheers

Arth

Nomad
Sep 27, 2007
west sussex
Having to get up during the night and leaving my warm sleeping bag to go for a pee.

In early spring when the birds and owls are singing at the same time during the morning. What a racket!

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
Having to get up during the night and leaving my warm sleeping bag to go for a pee.

In early spring when the birds and owls are singing at the same time during the morning. What a racket!

that's even more anoying when it happens at 6-7am, then it's just to late to fall asleap again when it's light outside

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
There's a thread on here somewhere about peeing in a bottle to avoid such issues! Depends just how much of an irritation it is I guess! :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Fair puts one off drinking from nalgene bottles though :rolleyes: :yuck:

I think I've finally found a reason for those extension tubes they're now selling for the sheewee's though.......it's so you can lie in a hammock and aim elsewhere :lmao:

cheers,
Toddy

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Every year without fail, usually the weekend after the Easter weekend, I plant my bedding plants out. And without fail, regardless of how much salt I scatter or how many beer traps I place, I lose between 30% and 50% of them to slugs. I have hedgehogs in the garden but not nearly enought to cope with the slugs and every year I have to resign my self to the fact that these are acraficial. But how I love my lobelia cascading over the little stone dyke I built around the patio and how I try to find some inner compassion for those slugs that frustrate me even more so when they eat most of it!

I choose to go on covert night-time missions armed with a pair of scissors, my ex started me off, he used to leave all the half slugs out "as a deterrant to their friends"! I

have also just taken a big bag of all the ash from the wood burner out and surrounded all my seedlings in the veg patch. Apparently de-hydrates the little blighters like salt, and is good for the soil too! Will let you know how it works out :)

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Fair puts one off drinking from nalgene bottles though :rolleyes: :yuck:

I think I've finally found a reason for those extension tubes they're now selling for the sheewee's though.......it's so you can lie in a hammock and aim elsewhere :lmao:

cheers,
Toddy

Hehe! Yet to brave trying those things, look scarily like a wet sleeping bag waiting to happen...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
yeah that happens a lot. I have the bladder of a two year old.

Should that be a 92 year old :D

It's iritating when you've been trying to haul in a huge great Sailfish in Mexico for nearly two hours and then to get snapped off only yards from the boat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE