MLD Monk Tarp Clone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
All looks quite familiar however mine came in at a whopping 300g, plus I do like the Yellow :)

I've been tempted to make myself a cuben version for quite a while, it's on my to-do list along with a MYOG cat cut cuben tarp...

Have you had chance to use it yet?

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
All looks quite familiar however mine came in at a whopping 300g, plus I do like the Yellow :)

I've been tempted to make myself a cuben version for quite a while, it's on my to-do list along with a MYOG cat cut cuben tarp...

Have you had chance to use it yet?

Damn, i knew id seen it somewhere before Matt. Your stitching is a good bit tidier than mine too :D

Not used it yet mate. I only tend to ground dwell when i have to. Ive made it for my Hadrians wall trip in June so it should get a good test then.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Resurrection time as mentioned in another thread.
I find when I use the one I made as a hammock cover it lets water drip through if it pools. Plenty of fall and there's no probs in major downpours without waterproofing it :)

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Resurrection time as mentioned in another thread.
I find when I use the one I made as a hammock cover it lets water drip through if it pools. Plenty of fall and there's no probs in major downpours without waterproofing it :)

Most silnylon is around 1000mm head so it will penetrate if it pools for any amount of time but like you say the fall makes it a non issue. I wont use mine for a hammock cover. Its strictly for ground dwelling.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE