Sold UK Hammocks CAT hex Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
UK Hammocks CAT hex 11 x 9.5 foot tarp
£60 £50 £40 including postage to UK addresses

Silicone coated nylon. Catenary cut edges and ridge. Double mid-panel pull-outs with taped seams.
Weighs 570g. Measures 9.5 foot wide, 11 foot ridgeline.

Come with my sturdy DIY silnylon stuff sack.
Does not come with guy lines.

Pitches beautifully taut. Original sales description said it was made of sil-nylon, is actually silicone coated (like PU coat, but silicone based).

Reason for sale is that I got bit by the sewing bug and made four DIY tarps (rectangular, hex, hex+doors and an asym) and know I won't be using this while I play with my own creations.

As the UK Hammocks site is no more, here is a shot of the tarp in front of a Hennessy Hex Fly, for size comparison.

DSC08284.JPG

A couple shots of the tarp set up and in-use.
DSC01874.JPGDSC01994.JPG

Attachments

• DSC08286.JPG
    DSC08286.JPG
    463.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC08287.JPG
    DSC08287.JPG
    417.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
bump
For reference, if one wanted to buy enough silnylon from, say, a top US supplier, to sew one's own tarp of this size, the fabric alone would be $55 plus $26 shipping, and speaking from experience, sewing taped catenary bias edges isn't as easy as folk on Youtube make it look! :lmao:

Reactions: nigelp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE