Midlands September '09 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Davey did you sleep in the shelter that night?

I had forgotten all about the chance to make a natural shelter that weekend, unfortunately I didnt realise till late saturday and I had not brought my saw. Id like another chance to attempt that though.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Looks like a good one guys

You didn't get to use the Lavvu then Martin ?

Nah,

Wot he said:

Nah, he's waiting for some lazy so-and-so to sort his worklife out so he can spend some time in the woods.

Looks like another cracking weekend. So gutted I can't get out at the mo.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The weather was so good that a final opportunity to hammock couldn't be missed

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Nah, he's waiting for some lazy so-and-so to sort his worklife out so he can spend some time in the woods.

Looks like another cracking weekend. So gutted I can't get out at the mo.

No rush PJ:D

Hope you can get out soon - my home made schnapps and other libations will start to mature next month:beerchug:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
more piccys ,
2009_0102wolf0032.jpg

2009_0102wolf0033.jpg

2009_0102wolf0021.jpg

2009_0102wolf0027.jpg

2009_0102wolf0030.jpg

Twodogs

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Davey did you sleep in the shelter that night?

I had forgotten all about the chance to make a natural shelter that weekend, unfortunately I didnt realise till late saturday and I had not brought my saw. Id like another chance to attempt that though.

I didnt Lindsey no, I hadnt bought my bivvi along or my proper sleeping bag. And I whimped out :)

Next time maybe :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
And finally, a couple of pics from me ...

A path, renewed during the weekend.

Remadepath_01-1.jpg

A 'bush-mush pizza'.

Bush-mushpizza.jpg

Pig-in-a-blanket.

Pig_in_a_blanket.jpg

'Playing' with fire(-poi)

Firepoi_01.jpg

A Ninja smilie :cool: .

Ninjasmilie_fire-poi.jpg

And finally ...

Something that didn't bite me over the weekend.

Fly.jpg

EDIT: I should mention, for clarity, that the fire-poi were being used by members of the sites' crew and that they were being used in the sites' campfire circle and not on PC11.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
looks like you all had a great time apologies for not attending I didn't have any details saved,the site went down and only came back up after i had given up all hope of coming and committed do doing something else. hope fully I will be able to make the next one.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... apologies for not attending I didn't have any details saved ...

Not a problem :cool: .

... hope fully I will be able to make the next one.

Providing the site isn't booked out (doubtful), the next one will be 20 - 22 November - which is the same w/e as the TORM reenactment market.

For all ...

The market is down the road (10 or so miles) from the site - as with the Outdoor Show Meets, there is no obligation to go to the event.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great pictures, thanks for putting up Gary. Must admit I do like Rough close. Its a cracking wood and very easy to relax there.

Luckily Ive managed to run a little short on hazel poles, as my latest log shelter has become a grander scheme than I had planned, so I best pop down in November and help clear some more. ;) :D

Forgot to mention! I was sitting a few row's back from Two Dogs at the recent Ray mears lecture in Birmingham, and I thought his reply to the question about forum's was a little unfair!
Nice one for giving us all a mention anyhow.. I'm sure we would all prefer to just get out there and do it for real. He should have chose a better response I think!
Thats my 2 pence worth!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE