Middlewood "Vertical Smoke 12" Halloween

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tetley

Apr 21, 2008
Bremetannacum Vetenorum
Having checked that Middlewood can fit us on site on the Weekend of the 26th to 28th October I am willing to go ahead and organise a meet :)

The price will be £5 per head per night Payable to me no later than Sunday morning Please.

We are going to be camping in the middle section of the campsite this time as there ia a Scout troop at the top end but as we disperse fairly widely I dont think this will be a problem :)

Flumpie ( Janice) has suggested we have a "Jacobs Join" social on the Saturday night with a Halloween theme which I think is a jolly good Idea ! so fetch whatever you would like to share down .

If anybody wants to do any demonstrations of their bushcrafty talents or just plain show off please feel free to post an offer on this thread.

I have copied the rules from previous meets as they seem fair and most of you know them already ;)

What follows is going to make the Meet (and site) seem to be very rule bound – in fact both are quite relaxed.

These rules are there because we, as a group, and the site have a reputation to maintain. Unfortunately the world is full of critics who love to point a finger – and we're there on the trust that we’ve worked hard to gain.

This list isn't exhaustive - common sense applies. If in doubt, Ask!

•Forum members are responsible for themselves, the kit they use and their own actions at a Meet – if you bring along family (or a friend) then you also accept responsibility for them and their actions whilst they are on site.

•Forum members under the age of 18 are welcome. However, they must be accompanied by at least one parent (or legal guardian).

•You brought it in, you take it out – camping fees do not include a rubbish collection fee! The sites bin is the big orange thing in the campers car park.

•Fees must be paid. It’s rare, but sometimes people forget.

•Responsible drinking of alcohol is ok – drugs are prohibited!

•This is a scouting site and is not open to the general public - please don't walk through another groups pitch whilst drinking alcohol and/or smoking.

•‘Appropriate’ behaviour: The site can, at any time, decline a booking – they can also ask(tell) us (individually or wholly) to leave during the Meet. Fees would still be owed! Be aware that other users of the site might be passing by our pitch at any time of the day or night – I do get feedback!

•Parking: Vehicles need to be parked up in the campers car park.

•Fires: Due to peat soil, open fires must be raised and contained. Periodically there is a shortage of wood available to burn - if you want to cook on an open fire bring a supply of wood or charcoal

•Food: Unless organised prior to the Meet, you need to bring enough food to feed yourself while you are at the Meet.

•Accidents do happen and people will try to help out where they can - If you are visiting someone else’s pitch do not expect to be fed.

•Use the appropriate tools at the appropriate times.

•It would be wise to be carrying a torch before it gets dark! It could also be provident to put markers on your shelter so you can find it in the dark.

•The pitch is suitable for using tents, hammocks and bivvies - use what you have and are comfortable using. Even with 30+ using the pitch there is still ample room to bring/use one type and trial/experiment with another.

•If you stick your name down and can no longer make it, please say so.

•Please note that, on occassion, the first post will be edited to include better information. Although updates/edits will be posted in the thread, the first post needs to be re-read well in advance of the Meet

•In the highly unlikely event that I need to make use of this ... I reserve the right to stop any individual(s) from attending a Meet. Any individual(s) who I feel endanger our future use of the site will be required to leave the site(outstanding fees will still be owed)

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:

Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

It's fine if you want to:

•be on your own

•lay on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over etc

•whittle

•practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site has strong opinions about that

•practice flora and fauna i.d

•so on and so forth ...

This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.

Please add your name to the list in the usual manner.

Thank You

Bob

Tetley

Apr 21, 2008
Bremetannacum Vetenorum
Hi Jim ,

A Jacobs Join is a quaint phrase used in Lancashire ( and bits of the place across the pennines) to describe a party where everybody contributes to a communal food table and then all eat off the table like a giant "Bring and Buffet" but with a Halloween theme :)

Hope this helps

Bob

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Can I add a plus 1 to my place, a friend of mine wants to get into bushcraft/camping.

Bob

Wayland
Bilmo
SimonM
DaveBromley
Welchyd1 (Dave) +1 Kyle
Jim_aramis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE