Middlewood - Spring 2008 Meet...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Been out with my 3yo daughter this afternoon and collected a few more lengths of wood (they were 15' tall trees) and a couple of logs so we should have plenty for Monday as well if anyone wants it.

Chris

Chaps,

I've been told that we are OK to set up any time on Friday but we are not to use the Main Cub Field as it's been booked by some other group - that's the big one to the left as you walk onto the site with the Crows Nest Tower in the top corner. The other site that is - as always - out of bounds is the Flag Green opposite the Wardens hut.

Now as regards Monday, officially I have only booked until the Sunday as I myself have to break camp Sunday afternnon but if folks want to stay over on Sunday come see me and I'll see if that can be arranged :)

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Matt - just curious, as there seems to be so many people turning up for this, will we be able to use the 'facilities'? Otherwise someone might have to bring a very large shovel... ;) (I don't own one, before anyone takes this as volunteering :D)

Sorry Dave,

I missed this one mate.

Yes there are facilities to use so you can leave the shovel in the car :D

PS - if anyone has asked me anything and I've not answered in any way please let me know.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
On another Note ,,, what about setting a day and time for a Swap session ? it usually ends up with folks wandering about on the last day trying to get rid of things , If we set a time everyone can meet at the fire and swap or sell what they want

Excellent idea, but can we make it a bit later in the day, say 3pm, so that those of us who are turning up on saturday have time to figure out where things are, set up camp, then get our stuff together for the swap?

Chris

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
we are not to use the Main Cub Field as it's been booked by some other group - that's the big one to the left as you walk onto the site with the Crows Nest Tower in the top corner. The other site that is - as always - out of bounds is the Flag Green opposite the Wardens hut.

link to the sitemap for those who haven't beem to middlewood before.

also Matt we talked about pitching closer to the main fire pit last time, is this still the plan for this meet, have you any pitch numbers in mind ?

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Actual temperature for the weekend is forecast to be around 4C at night with daytime temps getting up to around 7C. It only falls into minus figures if you take into account windchill, and then only at night. (Hopefully snug in your pit you won't even notice the outside temperature - Last time at Middlewood I didn't so much sleep as fall unconscious! :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :eek:)

I have to say tho, that the forecast changes on a daily basis - when I first checked it we were due for torrential rain on the Friday, with moderate to heavy the rest of the time! Now it seems to be forecasting very light to moderate for most of the time. These things get more accurate the closer to the actual time.

I have taken the precaution of waxing my boots tho, and have even considered buying some wellies but thought better of it. Middlemud here we come!

Simon

bobstevenson

Dec 19, 2007
Buxton
Hi Simon

-I have an issue DPM shelter sheet you could borrow - I'll be trying out my new Tatonka tarp this time out, its huge! Let me know if you want me to bring it!

Yes please, I'll like to borrow the shelter sheet. Which day will you be arriving, Friday or Saturday? I'll be there Friday evening.

Hi Ian

-Well Bob if Bens mate doesn't come you can borrow our spare tarp. It is one of those camo crinckly ones of ebay.

Thanks for the offer, I'll see how I get on with Simon's shelter sheet.

Bob

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Yes please, I'll like to borrow the shelter sheet. Which day will you be arriving, Friday or Saturday? I'll be there Friday evening.

No problems Bob, I'll be there Friday, hopefully before lunch if I can sneak away! :rolleyes:

I'll be easy to recognise as I'll be the one (?) wearing green! :D

See you there,

Simon

Edit:
Just got it out of the loft so I don't forget it!
It is sheet only so you will need some pegs and cord / bungees to rig it up!

bobstevenson

Dec 19, 2007
Buxton
I'll bring my wellies just in case, I might even bring my swimming gear seeing how wet it's going to be this weekend!

I aim to drive straight from work so hopefully if there are not too much traffic be there about 6pm.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Im getting giddy now and starting to get my kit together now for weekend .
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Greg

Me an all :D

I must remember to bring Gregs knife and sharpening kit...

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Me an all :D

:D :D :D :D :D

Go and pack it now or else :twak: ;) I mean how am I supposed to sell/trade it if you have left it at home .
???????/ about the sharpening kit

Greg

fishaben

Jul 17, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
HI all, sorry for being so quiet on here. But must say, I am really looking forward to the meet at the weekend as we haven't been in a long time. And Firebreather, my friend has had to drop out so you wont need to bring the spare hammock, but thank you very much for the offer. See you all at the weekend.

Ben

I have decided to bring a few Knives with me for sale I will offer big discounts if anyone wants anything , reason ? cosco have got canoes in again and I just cant resist having one any longer :) so if your in the market for a new shiny sharp thing look me up

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE