Middlewood - Spring 2008 Meet...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hello folks,

Given the success of the December meet I have been in touch with Middlewood scout camp and have booked us in for a meet from Friday 28th March to Sunday 30th March.

The same basic guidelines apply as per the December meet so click here to look at that.

Hope everyone can make it this time to celebrate the start of summer.

Everyone of all ages and abilities are welcome as are families. The only exception is the fact that dogs are not allowed on site - sorry.

Please note that although this is a non-profit event there is a charge of £4 per person per night 100% of which goes to the Scouts. I would ask that you try to bring the correct change as I just collect the money, dump it in the bum bag and hand it into the warden once everyone has paid.

I will make a collection round on Saturday afternoon.

Any questions just ask :D

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Ah, that's a pity, I'll miss that one. I'm booked on one of PatrickM's courses that weekend. Hope you guys have fun.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Take wellies everyone :lmao: i will have to see if work and cash allows.
This weekend falls on the same week as I finish uni and hopefully start work as a qualified nurse on the monday. So if i can make it it will be a huge celebration but I wont be getting too drunk as i need to be complus mentus on monday and not spaced out as I usually am following a trip away with you lot lol,

Greg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Count me in for this one Matt, I might just need to confirm nearer the time as it might fall on my call-out weekend.

I`m also working on one for my permission near Bradford/Leeds so keep your eyes peeled.

Rich

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Sounds interesting, and easy to get to from York..

What (apart from drinking, sleeping etc) goes on at these meets?

Put me down as a maybe, dates allowing..

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Try a search for Middlewood ( or middlemud ) and I think there are some photos to be found now.

Evenings basically involve admiring everybody elses kit, a few demos from the pros, eating vast amounts of food, a good chinwag round the fire with a good drink and then collapsing into your hammock sometime before sunrise.

I can`t wait.

Rich

Splendid idea Matt.
I hope to be able to make this meet. I will have to confirm closer to the date though as I only have a limited amount of passes and April is a busy month for weekends off for me.

Had a great time in december so I will try to fit this one in.
Also the old middlewood thread had all but died now we have a new one:lmao: :D :lmao:

Bodge

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Matt, Sounds good to me! I'll probably forgetthrough so you'll need to remind me nearer the time!

Now then...more kit...Hmmm....

Chris

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If I can make it, I will be there. Hopefully we will get the things done that we wanted to do last time. Maybe this time we should try and use the big communal area for sitting about and getting drunk!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE