Men of Inspiration

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I find it amazing what people managed to cram into relatively short timescales when travel and communications were so slow. But, then again, I suppose scandal was relatively slow to follow as well. But to do all that he did, when travel and communication took months instead of hours and seconds, is really quite incredible.

Reactions: TeeDee
sir joseph whitworth (amongst other achievements the designer of the whitworth sniper rifle (used by confederate soldiers with great success in the us civil war)

edit: a few more candidates
Jane Goodall (for her work with chimpanzees)
botanist Joseph Banks
William Bligh -- wether he was as had as depicted in most movies about the infamous mutiny or (most likely) not --sailing a small vessel with limited supplies and navigational aids thousands of km over unknown ocean and reaching the intended destination is an achievement... he later became governor of NSW and his descendents live still in Australia...
Barnes Wallis and the "Dam Busters"
the members of "Z special unit" (regardless of nationality) who operated behind japanese lines in WW2
he was born in china and later became a us citizen, but imho Poon Lim deserves a mentioning, too: he was a sailor on board of a british merchant ship during WW2 when it got hit by a torpedo -- he became the sole survivor and still holds the record for the longes time surviving on a raft. he received a medal from king George VI and his experience was incorporated into survival manuals of the royal navy....

Last edited:

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I'd like to start something if I may , I'm looking for examples of British Commonwealth Born Men of Inspiration from history.

Can be anyone you like that you are aware of that has ,in your eyes , done something truly noteworthy that maybe isn't as well known as others.

Only Criteria are :-

A ) Male / Men / Masculine.

B ) Born in The British Commonwealth.

A couple of examples to get the ball rolling :-

Richard Francis Burton

Fredrick Selous

Thank You.
Me. I hitchhiked up and down, then across the USA five year ago when I reached 50. took me 2 months. best thing i ve ever done. wrote a book about it too x

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I'd like to start something if I may , I'm looking for examples of British Commonwealth Born Men of Inspiration from history.

Can be anyone you like that you are aware of that has ,in your eyes , done something truly noteworthy that maybe isn't as well known as others.

Only Criteria are :-

A ) Male / Men / Masculine.

B ) Born in The British Commonwealth.

A couple of examples to get the ball rolling :-

Richard Francis Burton

Fredrick Selous

Thank You.
william holt from todmorden. unbelievable man. look him up x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE