Men of Inspiration

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'd like to start something if I may , I'm looking for examples of British Commonwealth Born Men of Inspiration from history.

Can be anyone you like that you are aware of that has ,in your eyes , done something truly noteworthy that maybe isn't as well known as others.

Only Criteria are :-

A ) Male / Men / Masculine.

B ) Born in The British Commonwealth.

A couple of examples to get the ball rolling :-

Richard Francis Burton

Fredrick Selous

Thank You.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Before I post one I have a question: do they have to be real people or can it be a well known fictitious character? Erbwurst beat me to my choice for a real person. My choice for fictitious would be Tarzan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erbswurst

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
William Fairbairn and Eric Anthony Sykes - Shanghai municipal police.
Whilst many have heard of the knife that shares their name, they are also responsible for many real life training techniques used in the military and law enforcement today.
Eric Sykes.JPGwe_fairbairn391.jpg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
William Fairbairn and Eric Anthony Sykes - Shanghai municipal police.
Whilst many have heard of the knife that shares their name, they are also responsible for many real life training techniques used in the military and law enforcement today.
View attachment 58186View attachment 58187

LOVE That you put up Mr F & Mr S - the original BAMF's !!You would not want to mess with these Two!!! Thank You.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Before I post one I have a question: do they have to be real people or can it be a well known fictitious character? Erbwurst beat me to my choice for a real person. My choice for fictitious would be Tarzan.

It NEEDS to be real people I'm afraid.

But i did have a quick look around and THIS is apparently the person that inspired the story of Tarzan.

William Charles Mildin ( No Wiki Page )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE