Mears and Spyderco

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Well, it seems that one of these can be yours for 139.95. I have to admit that that is a bit steep. I recently took the plunge with a carbon-fibre handled, S30V Enzo folder from Brisa. It doesn't have Ray's input or the Spyderco hole in the blade but, at about half the price shipped from Finland, it strikes me as pretty good value by comparison. Anyone here interested in the Mears/Spyderco collaboration?

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
Im intrigued by this first book of his, never come across it before. I seem to have amassed most of Rays books over time from various places, second hand or otherwise. I wonder why he refused a reprint?

As for the knife, not my cup o tea.

I picked up the American print a few weeks ago. I'd missed it too. Great book.
I love my Spyderco knives, but I'm unlikely to buy this. Steel and grind not to my liking. Weird that Ray would put his name to a folder.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
For info - the Mears Wolfspyder knife is now showing on the Woodlore site available for pre-order - delivery date w/c/ 16th May.... £139.99

I took the opportunity to use up a number of Woodlore vouchers that i have picked up in gifts over the last five years or so, so it cost me £6! Hoping that the blade doesn't self destruct as soon as it sees a thin stick, unlike my Cold Steel Finnwolf.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Definitely his best book but you're unlikely to pick it up cheaply now unless you're very lucky, it tends to command quite a price secondhand and I won't be parting with mine which Ive had since it was published in 1990 when Ray was Raymond and nowhere near as well known!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE