Mears and Spyderco

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I have to say that is not something I'd be interested in. Spyderco make great knives and any of their flat ground folders would be a far more usuable tool than this.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I don't like it!
Can't beat the Paramilitary IMO.
I was hoping that they were going to make an affordable Woodlore knife.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Handle looks way too angular on the edges to be comfortable.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dwardo

Maker
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Often find my self defending the spyderco look and I love my ukpk but.. That is ugly. Not even fugly just boring ugly. Reminds me of one of the cheaper bench made knives.
Add to that its probably gonna be a million quid.
If it were a slipjoint it might have something different about it but there are far prettier lockers out there.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
I am surprised at 2 things here, the handle design, and the fact that they have gone with S30V steel on a scandi grind knife after what happened with the Nilakka.

I would like to be proved wrong on the handle front, it may well be more comfortable, and practical than it looks.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Been discussed already in [thread=136711]this thread[/thread].

Can't say it is a knife I like the look of, nor do I expect I would be able to afford it any time soon.

Personally the spyderco hole in each knife is something I don't like, it just looks to me like a place for gunk to collect... my leatherman wave has a slot that goes through it for your nail, and I have to degunk it frequently, especially if I've used it to slice cheese...

J