maxperdition a bunch of ........ insert your rude word of choice here

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
to be fair the cheap copies of these e.g kombat uk and others are over half the price of the maxpedition and total crap, with regards to stitching and material quality so the maxpedition isnt such a bad deal , if your looking for this type of pack.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
or okay cheers gents and were would i get said tape from if i wanted some cheers

drew

Yep just buy 5 meters of 2.5 cm ( 1 inch) of webbing any colour you like...it's very cheap..for example http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5metres-x...s_Sewing_Supplies_MJ&var=&hash=item1e6678fb8b

or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-meter-...Crafts_Sewing_Supplies_MJ&hash=item19b710b12a

plenty of sellers,have a look around or get mummy to check out the haberdashery shop in town.... stitch it using polyester button thread & if you're planning to carry heavy objects on your webbing then it might be a good idea to re-enforce the stitching by adding another piece of fabric on the interior where you stitch so the stitches won't pull through.
When done you can rub a candle over the stitches on the inside to water proof it......job done

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Drew i have the Falcon and its a great bit of kit. Sits well on my back and not too wide as to be annoying.
Can get quite a lot of gear in it too but if you dont need all the space you can compress the straps and make it smaller.
The way its laid out is pretty good if you keep it organised.

Personally i like the design but not for everyone. Its hard wearing and durable and should last qute some time.
Im a big fan of Maxpedition gear just not of the price.

Its also a good size to wear as a chest pack when you have your bigger pack on your pack. I find this helps remove a little weight from my back.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Drew i have the Falcon and its a great bit of kit. Sits well on my back and not too wide as to be annoying.
Can get quite a lot of gear in it too but if you dont need all the space you can compress the straps and make it smaller.
The way its laid out is pretty good if you keep it organised.

Personally i like the design but not for everyone. Its hard wearing and durable and should last qute some time.
Im a big fan of Maxpedition gear just not of the price.

Its also a good size to wear as a chest pack when you have your bigger pack on your pack. I find this helps remove a little weight from my back.

i am also a big fan but the price jesus they need to work on pricing

and thanks for the comments everyone and johnny where did you get yours from and i have found some webbing at 1.30 a meter so bught two metters of the stuff to have a try with to see what its like

drew

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Just remember though Drew, if you add molle straps and start to ratchet bell tents and dutchies to the back of your pack your going to seriously increase the lever action of the pack on your core, remember that mole is used to hold bits of chud to your front as well as your back when used with body armour so in theory you get heavier in a balanced way, IMO for non mill use molle stuff is rubbish, to much opportunity to strap useless nik naks to an already heavy pack:)

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I think you should decide very carefully what you are going to attach and where ;then if you have to, just add the relevant Molle attachment straps
Dont go mad attaching stuff just because you can ;personally I think a water bottle holder on the side and perhaps a phone or torch pouch on the front straps are all you really need
In reality I would save up for one of the cheaper Molle options than Max P and keep your present bag in perfect unmolled shape

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've been using a Vulture ll for camping trips for a couple of years. While it's a well built bag I've gradually removed the additional pouches that I hung on it. I just get fed up with it catching on everything. Even getting it out of the car can be a pain. I'd honestly rather have something with plenty of pockets internally rather than external.

Also, the tacties don't really clamp the additional stuff on tight to the bag, so they literally hang off. I find it far from ideal.

Rather like this though ;)

http://www.eberlestock.com/Halftrack%20Backpack.htm

Not sure why it's not showing as a clickable link but it'll copy/paste to your browser ok.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Ermm... Can somebody please translate whatever the OP said into English for me? I've read his OP and his responces multiple times without comprehension. I can resolve most of the mis-spellings but without punctuation I'm goosed! Pronography - I guessed that's writing local dialects words as they are pronounced? 'Taunting me not fair' - I mentally converted that to 'my not fair', but what's a 'not fair'? :rolleyes:

I'm not a pedant about good English but when I can't work out what the hell they are trying to say I get miffed.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Ermm... Can somebody please translate whatever the OP said into English for me? I've read his OP and his responces multiple times without comprehension. I can resolve most of the mis-spellings but without punctuation I'm goosed! Pronography - I guessed that's writing local dialects words as they are pronounced? 'Taunting me not fair' - I mentally converted that to 'my not fair', but what's a 'not fair'? :rolleyes:

I'm not a pedant about good English but when I can't work out what the hell they are trying to say I get miffed.

Basically Drew got a Karrimor Sabre 35 daysack for Christmas...

He's now seen a new pack on the Maxpedition website he likes the look of. The Maxpedition has MOLLE / PALS loops on it.

However funds are tight which preclude the outright purchase of the Maxpedition. After conferring with his Mother,

He wants to know if it's possible to adapt his Karrimor Sabre 35 with MOLLE / PALS loops.

At least that what I got out of the OP....

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Thanks Johnboy. It's a amasing what difference the inclusion of the occasional full-stop can make. Maybe Drew should buy a replacement keyboard first? Quite a lot of his keys appear to be misfunctioning. :)

Amazing??:rolleyes:

I'd chill about it TBH... The world will not stop based on a post about Drews Rucksack wants 'n' needs..

I agree with Southey.. MOLLE / PALS is not really needed TBH...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE