Match Case With Compass

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Faca,

Thanks for that review. I had been curious about the TAD capsule, but have never ordered one due to their cost.

I noticed you replaced the original cords around your K&M cases. Note that the original cord, once twisted around the case secures the plug by tension. Your new cord applications are not utilizing this design feature, though the leather and turks head look great on the brass. The plugs are tight and hold well by friction but the twisted cords absolutely secure the plug against it working out. I think this is particularily important if you carry the cases in a pocket where the plug may eventually work loose over time.

I am glad you like the cases.

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
Schwert I have not though about that but I carry my matchbox hanging from my neck so the gravity makes its work, anyway I'll try to make the way you shows.Thanks

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
thats Faca

your review answered a number of questions I had about the keith matchcase

Schwert said:
Thanks for that review. I had been curious about the TAD capsule, but have never ordered one due to their cost.

like faca I have been carrying the tad capsule for while (got a free one for testing) for information/photographs see:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=2457&highlight=mini+survival

and for the same reasons as faca I think I may well change from the tad capsule to the keith matchcase.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Thanks to all who have ordered. The old standing list is far far shorter and I hope folks are using the cases and having fun.

I have only 4 Orange cases left and about 40 yellow.

Brass and Black aluminium are unlimited.

Getting a TAD case for free is a deal Stuart. I will take a look at your link....maybe I still "need" one eh?

Ahh apparently I read that post before and was considering the capsule then....hum still am.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Got mine too. Great kit. Very practical and lightweight in Aluminium.

I like the inscription on the base: 'K&M Elk River ID USA'

Bit more evocative than 'Made in China'.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Schwert said:
Getting a TAD case for free is a deal Stuart. I will take a look at your link....maybe I still "need" one eh?.

the only real benifit of the TAD case is that it has two seperate compartments, which is useful for keeping things like potassium permanganate seperate from the other items.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I agree, if you did a tinder tab compression like Stuart did for his TAD case, and made sure you had adequate clearance, then the extra room could be a real bonus.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Schwert, got mine and I have to say that I'm very impressed. Thank you for keeping this going and getting it all sorted out for us. Now all I need to do is find some strike anywhere matches.

Brian

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Putting a copy out here at the end may be good. I have sent the page 17 link out to some folks (and use it as my tag line) so it would be nice if that one could stay there for now.

I think that the original list of interested parties has essentially been cleared. We seem to be into new and repeat sales. Bagheera (Piet) is going to be taking over the European Marketing Position :D soon. When that happens I think we will open up a brand new thread so I would not go to any trouble at all with this one.

It has been a real pleasure both assisting Keith and getting the cases and nice feedback from the Bushcrafters.

I know Keith is quite happy getting back into production and we have been kicking around some minor ideas.

I appreciate all the fine folks here who stuck with this long journey.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
kmquad36190my.jpg

kmquad36920sh.jpg

Here are the two pictures from page 16.

These are:

Brass, Black anodized aluminium, orange powdercoated aluminium, and yellow powdercoated aluminium.

Keith is not going to offer any powdercoated cases after these are gone. Sometime (maybe) in the future he will do other colors of anodizing....but has no definate plans at this point.

The brass case weighs about 3 times what the aluminum ones do and feels a bit more sturdy. As much as I like the traditional brass, my vest pocket seems to really appreciate the lighter aluminum. I have to confess I bought several orange and yellow for myself...I really like the bright paint. But Keith found it a real pain as it coated the o-ring grooves which had to be handcleaned. Anodizing is a much more durable finish too, but the colors are more muted.

I have had requests to do longer and fatter cases for cigars, olive drab ones, orange anodized, electrojazz anodizing, bare aluminium, magnesium, and probably other things that I cannot remember. Keith has heard all the suggestions and design and manufacturing are in his hands...so I await future developments with an open wallet. :D

leon-1

These are the details for how to order and the costs copied from Schwert's original.

First the details:

Case cost $19 each in US funds.
Postage from $5 to $9 depending upon the number ordered.

1) Email me at rlschaffer@gmail.com

2) List the number of cases and colors you want

3) Provide a precise shipping address

4) I will return the email with final price including shipping and ask you to paypal that amount to me at the same email address

5) Once funds are transferred, I will forward your order, address and money to Keith. He will ship direct from Idaho.

6) At this point only PayPal transfers are accepted and credit cards through them are fine.

7) Please Note your screen name so I can keep my list current.

Notes:

I do not do any computer work on the weekends so I will only answer your emails Monday - Friday.

I will be answering most of your emails after 1800 Zulu.

Please do not PayPal any funds until I confirm your email.

Keith will be working in Montana for 10 days at a time or so orders may sit in Idaho for a while depending on his schedule.

I will be on Holiday mid May to June so we will go on hold for that interval (Keith is in Montana too).

If the requests for powdercoated cases exceeds his current backstock he will make more, but there may be some delay.

Thanks once again for all you support and patience.

Randy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE