mask for bearded axe

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Just finished a new mask for my Japanese hand axe, made with 3mm veg tan leather.

This was the first mask I made for it back in 2009. It was made from an old handbag of my wifes, with a cardboard insert. A real frankenstein piece.
005.jpg
I'm pretty happy with the new one, although if I were to make another, I would do some things differently.
001.jpg
002.jpg
004.jpg
Belt loop will take up to 2 1/2 inch belt, though this is an area I would change.
003.jpg
All in all I'm very pleased with it, and have enjoyed making it, Also thanks to Mesquite and Decorum, for their advice.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice one there Colin... I am trying to get a stamp made as well, I know an engraver, but his too busy to make mine yet :(

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What! You don't like my leatherwork any more, but you love my axe. Sob!I'm Heartbroken.:nana: :lmao:

Lovely sheen on that table top mate, what do you use? Liquid wax or Mr Sheen spray in a can? Looks amazing! Really nice to see elbow grease used so liberally.:lmao:

Hmmm my only complaint would be that sweet looking axe and its fancy schmancy overcoat that's in the way, otherwise top job! :notworthy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE