March Brockwell meet 19/20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
lannyman8 - Chris - Probably in his boxers under a pile of pine needles to hot eating raw bunny and slugs........
Merrygold85 - Mark - Hammock
Raikey - Stu - Hammock
Chambers - Richard - Hammock
resnikov
unorthadox
Joely - Hammock
toilet digger - tarp & dog heaters
partickpebbles - hammock & tarp
mountainm - hammock & tarp
Minstrel

Possible's:-

d-day66
al21

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
That's a mighty list you got there Chris...should be a cracker :)
Looking forward to meeting some new peeps, no to mention renewing old acquaintances.

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Chris....unfortunately the beach trip is off... Andy is under the weather with a nasty kidney problem; I wouldn't wish his couple of bouts with this on anyone - especially him :(
Hopefully he'll be on the mend and we'll get another date for the beach-craft sometime soon. You guys are welcome to get up there; you'll love it.

I'm heading to the Lake District this weekend to pick up some gear I have stashed over there... I'll get some fell running in while I'm there.

cya

Dunno 'bout 'get a room' Stu...not very bushcraft... maybe we should get a tarp :yikes: :lmao:

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
you write really well,..i like it doooood! hahaha

Ha, that is probably the most bizarre compliment I have ever received.

Can you give me an example of the sort of "bits and bobs" that you would need often enough to hang up? Other than Rich's "hand sanitiser", what a sicko. Haha.

Mark, you need picking up mate?

That's a very attractive offer Rich, but I wouldn't want you to be going out of your way. Getting me would mean going too far and then turning back on yourself. However, If you are dying to get rid of some petrol, and maybe put a few miles on the clock, then sure:D Actually, pick me up from my place and I'll give a few squids or something. It would save me some time and effort. Yeah?

if we all get there its going to some group.......

Tis a mighty list indeed. I hope all can make it in the end. Think of all the feet there would be to pump the forge. Are the kids under tarps themselves or you gonna snuggle up together as a family, haha. Youngest on the outside of course:)

Does anybody reckon that I would need an underquilt in the middle of march? Bearing in mind that I will have my sleeping mat, and possibly a blanket between the layers. What kind of temperatures are we to expect?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i would think that you will still need somthing mate, its not going to be megga warm maybe at 10 deg c at night or less.....

you could rig up your blankets underneath your hammock maybe???????

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i think the boys/lads will be in a tent having thought about it, i dont have enough kit for them to share for the tarp......

????????not sure, might buy a bit of kit for them, will have to ask them and see what they want to do.....

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Nah I dont mind at all just PM me your address closer to the time and I'll drop by and get you.

If my underquilt doesnt go I may use it as I dont think I will have made a new one by then but I was just thinking of using a full length thermarest type mat

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Can you give me an example of the sort of "bits and bobs" that you would need often enough to hang up? Other than Rich's "hand sanitiser",

knife, cup, water bottle , head torch, phone, wind up radio, Mr Snuggles, (my teddy) signed picture of Barry Scott (the guy from the Cilit Bang adverts)

you'll deffo need some insulation,..it still got down to freezing last march during the night,...

but your the toughest duvet camping M F i ever met so proably just your bare hammock dude.,..

take plenty of paracord and we'll have a play with your set up,..and suspend the blankets underneath somehow,..it'll be fun,..WATCHING YOU FREEZE!!!!

hahaha

i got my dates booked off work early ,...

Am i too exited??....hahahahhaa

Stu

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
Chris mate i have got 2 spare tarps and 1 spare hammock (double layered so you can stick a thermarest in the middle) if you wanna borrow for the kids? Sure someone else will have another spare hammock you could borrow? I do have another but its just a rubbish net one so wouldnt recommend it.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
will have to speek to them both, sam will probably want to tarp it and ben probley tent.......

we will have to see, but thank you and i will keep it in mind......

thanks mate..... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE