March Brockwell meet 19/20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Will do Rich, cheers.

I have a real cheap tarp and am thinking I could fold it and tie it up under under the hammock with a sleeping bag in it. Surely that would work. Didn't Stu do something along those lines the last time?

I may be an M F but I certainly ain't tough. I thought I made that clear, haha.

lannyman8 - Chris - Probably in his boxers under a pile of pine needles to hot eating raw bunny and slugs........
Merrygold85 - Mark - Hammock
Raikey - Stu - Hammock
Chambers - Richard - Hammock
resnikov
unorthadox
Joely - Hammock
toilet digger - tarp & dog heaters
partickpebbles - hammock & tarp
mountainm - hammock & tarp
Minstrel
d-day66

Possible's:-

al21

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
yes he did Mark, he used my small hammock then layed his stuff in it, he had it just touching his normal hammock, he did say it worked a treat too......

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
TBH i also have + 3 so there is going to be loads of us if we all turn up........whhooooooooo......

might have to keep your selves entertained for a while so i can get the boys and friend sorted....

will be doing some training but wont have enough kit for all people to have a go at everything TBH..

will be a good weekend though...

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
hi can i put my name down and maybe my nephew if its not going to be to much of a sqeeze :)
it'll be a good chance to try my new hammock and tarp and get some help for setting it up
and maybe lannymans famous bow drill lessons

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hi can i put my name down and maybe my nephew if its not going to be to much of a sqeeze :)
it'll be a good chance to try my new hammock and tarp and get some help for setting it up
and maybe lannymans famous bow drill lessons

copy and paste the list and add away old son, 26 acres to choose from so we should be ok :)

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
lannyman8 - Chris - Probably in his boxers under a pile of pine needles to hot eating raw bunny and slugs........
Merrygold85 - Mark - Hammock
Raikey - Stu - Hammock
Chambers - Richard - Hammock
resnikov
unorthadox
Joely - Hammock
toilet digger - tarp & dog heaters
partickpebbles - hammock & tarp
mountainm - hammock & tarp
Minstrel
d-day66
andyc54 + maybe 1 in hammock and tarp

Possible's:-

al21

cheers

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
would it be an idea to sort out who brings what?
it would possibly save on there being 10 shovels (i am a 2 motion a day man myself) needlessly.

i'm making a campfire tripod and trivet on friday so i could bring them?
feel free to add equipment, for example; shiatsu massage chairs or bowls of pot pouri.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Ill have the casarrole pot again if people want to make one but will probs need another 2 pots for the amount of people to cook for. Also a case of bring a bit of sausages etc yourself may probs be best?

There should be a tripod still there which I made last time but by all means bring yours mate. More the better :p

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
the tripod will be steel as will be the trivet, picking up the metal and hopefully shaping/welding on friday. should double as a spit as well.
so fingers crossed i should be able to pick up an orphan lamb for the meet. :campfire:

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
Wat are the exact times of this event? i know it says 19/20th, does this mean 1 night or 2 nights.. what wud be easiest would jsut be to state the rough starting and finishing times

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Wat are the exact times of this event? i know it says 19/20th, does this mean 1 night or 2 nights.. what wud be easiest would jsut be to state the rough starting and finishing times

hiya mate,...i think the fact you see it as an "event" is why your looking for a start and finish time,...

we dont do a roll call,...(Raikey?..here sir!!,...) hahaha

short answer, there are no start and finish times,...

the 19th is a Saturday,...just turn up when suits you,..7am, so you can get a good day in ..or 4 pm so you can get setup before the sun drops,....

then Sunday the 20th get up, have breakfast, and pack up,...or strike camp after lunch and hang around until it gets late,...

its a generally relaxed vibe with no real agenda or concrete itinary,..

i hope this helped,...

Cheers

Stu

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
hiya mate,...i think the fact you see it as an "event" is why your looking for a start and finish time,...

we dont do a roll call,...(Raikey?..here sir!!,...) hahaha

short answer, there are no start and finish times,...

the 19th is a Saturday,...just turn up when suits you,..7am, so you can get a good day in ..or 4 pm so you can get setup before the sun drops,....

then Sunday the 20th get up, have breakfast, and pack up,...or strike camp after lunch and hang around until it gets late,...

its a generally relaxed vibe with no real agenda or concrete itinary,..

i hope this helped,...

Cheers

Stu

Cheers, I've never been before and i thought we wud need to meet as a whole group to see the owner before going into the wood.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Cheers, I've never been before and i thought we wud need to meet as a whole group to see the owner before going into the wood.

closer the time PM me with your mob and i'll keep you up to speed on where i am or vice versa if your there 1st and i'll meet you in the farmyard,..

but the owner will normally know were arriving from Chris,s arrangements with them,...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE