Manchester dogs home set on fire .

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I think the data coming out of Norway contradicts that to a fair degree. The problem is people like revenge,

What are the specific cases in Norway? The article only offers general info. Even the statement that some are "murderers and rapists" is too vague to tell much.

What was the nature of said "murder?" Was it a brutal murder of a child? Or was it a killing that might have been dismissed as "self defense" in another jurisdiction?

Rape? Was this a forcible rape? Or was it called rape because an 18 year old teenager got his 17 year old girlfriend pregnant? (yes, legally, that's rape because one was underage)

These small, subtle differences in circumstances mean vast differences in the personality of the offender. And it's very easy for the authors of the study to cherry-pick their case studies to achieve the desired conclusions.

Last edited:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Rape? Was this a forcible rape? Or was it called rape because an 18 year old teenager got his 17 year old girlfriend pregnant? (yes, legally, that's rape because one was underage)
In the uk that is how yiu get social housing and social security if you never want to work.

There is a strong link between arson in early teens and sexual abuse. The link between animal abuse and going on to human weaker victims is well established. There is very little in young offenders prisons to sort out mental health issues. Therapy can sort problems in youths. It can literally be a stitch in time. I am not saying give disturbed teens a hug and playstation I am saying give them psychological support. I know it is a lot more expensive.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
In the uk that is how yiu get social housing and social security if you never want to work.

There is a strong link between arson in early teens and sexual abuse. The link between animal abuse and going on to human weaker victims is well established. There is very little in young offenders prisons to sort out mental health issues. Therapy can sort problems in youths. It can literally be a stitch in time. I am not saying give disturbed teens a hug and playstation I am saying give them psychological support. I know it is a lot more expensive.

We seem to be on the same page. I haven't given up all hope; I'm just more cynical on the results. I have had former inmates come up to me in a restaurant and shake my hand, but those are rare.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I bet you checked for you wallet right away! (Joke, trying to lighten up the thread :))

Thanks, it's time we lightened up.

Nice to hear the other side of human nature. Massive amounts of money have already been raised along with donations of food, dog blankets and temporary accommodation.

There are some bad people out there but the huge majority are good.

This sort of thing always gives me hope as well.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Nice to hear the other side of human nature. Massive amounts of money have already been raised along with donations of food, dog blankets and temporary accommodation.

There are some bad people out there but the huge majority are good.

its sad that the bad usually grab the biggest headlines, the squeeky wheel gets all the oil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE