Man make fire!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well now, one of the off shoots of renovating the house and outbuildings is endless piles of brush, rotted fencing, woodwormed sheds etc.

Lately the "burn pile" got away from me a bit - to the point of being 8' high by 10' diameter.

Stupidly, the pile was on top of the fire scar but really unsafe to burn in one go....so it had to be shifted. Over a goss with a good neighbour he said "I have the very thing".

He nipped off and "chugged back" on a 1953 Fordson Major in two tone (blue and rust!)

4927182368_3597c33a9d_b.jpg

Lifted the whole pile on the forks and moved it 20'.

Then I got a heart going.

4926587269_8eae769334_b.jpg

As it burned down, we used the tractor to dump another load on top.

Couple of tons of rubbish burned - whilst we lounged around drinking beer

I have to get me one of those!!

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Heh..Nice to see a Fordson in its original working clothes!They just keep on going.Tractors , fire and beers...sounds like my work place!!

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
That looks warm to say the least.e had a simular problem with our bonfire the other week, ufortunately I am not as safe as you, so i decided to burn the whole thing in one go!

Have to agree about the tractor. ever since we got our John deer, everything (including lawnmowing) has been much easier. His tractor has obviously lasted a fair while. 57, wow thats like two and a half times my age!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My neighbour is a legend. He keeps me in eggs. His chicken coop is a Landy! (Don't worry though - he has four more that still run....and a Roller for Sundays....the living embodiement of Pop Larkin)

Last edited:

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Two tone blue and rust, like a propper tractor should be :D
you really did let that pile get away from you eh red? good to see you have great neighbours tho, how many landies does one man need?

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
Red, I remember one of them from my childhood tattie picking at the farm up the road.

It looks innocuous enough but my memory is that they just keep coming at you relentlessly, giving a child nightmares about killer tatties!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE