M.O.D knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Here is my new M.o.D knife which will be for sale soon,

As usual its a user

MOD008.jpg

MOD004.jpg

MOD003.jpg

MOD007.jpg

MOD001.jpg

MOD002.jpg

MOD005.jpg

MOD006.jpg

MOD009.jpg

MOD010.jpg

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i have an unmodified one.
there was a review of them in an old combat and survival magazine that read.
"holds a good edge and you could cut a tree down with it if you're not in a hurry"

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
i brought one years ago for £25. its orginal 3 rivets etc.the guy brought it for deerstalking but even though it would grallough ? a deer it was too heavy to carry around and crawl through the undergrowth with.its been in the shed for 8 yrs out of little fingers way.thats much nicer lovelly handle.i think anchor surplus supplies used to sell the bog standard one like mine.remember seeing it in landrover mag.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
OhCanada said:
Is that a modified MOD?
I have a feeling that the he just used the same blade as used for the MOD rather then modding a complete knife (I sometimes sell them on britishblades). They come without the black coating and have a slighlty more acute edge on then standard but you could use any MOD survival knife.

This is the first completed knife I've seen since I obatined the blades and I'm glad you've shown it. It's really good

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Its Cocobolo! It was a blade blanc rather than a modified ''standard'' mod knife.

The spine had a horrid step in it which i straightened out and it a had a dodgy lil square bit of steel about where the guard is which i ground off and smoothened up.

Thanks for the kind comments chaps :You_Rock_

markw

Forager
Jul 26, 2005
Leicestershire
Hi,

I came across one many years ago whilst serving, wasn't issued but a few were knocking about so in best tradition of HM Armed Forces we 'acquired' a couple. Must admit I never really found much use for it. It falls (in my humble opinion) some where between a knife and a machete. Virtually impossible to to keep any sort of edge, relied on its weight and brute force on the few occasions I did use it for chopping firewood and the like. Ungainly and awkward feelabout it.

Maybe they've improved over the years as it must have been mid to late eighties when I had mine.

Cheers

Mark

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Wayne D said that they seems to have got a lot better then when he was serving. All the blades I've tested have had a good edge and after using mine for a while in the garden hacking up trees it's kept it's edge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE