Kombat M.O.D Style knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I'm thinking of selling my Sheffield M.O.D Survival knife and buying a Kombat Style / Copy of it as for what I'm going to be using it for I thought it would be a cheaper option.
Anyone own and have experience with this knife?.
Cheers

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
If you've already got the decent Sheffield version why sell it and buy the cheaper copy?
Yeah, I know the Sheffield will sell for more and then you can buy the cheap one, but how much up will you be on the deal? Not that much. Not an amount to make it worthwhile.
Enough to buy a chip supper?
I say keep the Sheffield one and use that. Every time you take it out you'll have the satisfaction of knowing it's a decent tool and give you pleasure to use. That alone will pay dividends, far more than the measly profit you'll make by selling and buying a cheap copy.
You've already got the tool, and a decent one at that. Keep it and use it.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Ok thats what I asked the ? for. and I'll probably just put 1 in the Cabinet anyway.
I'll just Flog the M.O.D Pig as that was brought and kept new as a collector's item / memory of the old days.
I recently gave my Original ''USED'' Knife to a mate. thats why I was asking.
Cheers

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I had a Chris Reeves Original Aviator for a while - nice little knife.

Bloody thing was so valuable it was pointless keeping it as a Knife, Because I would never be able to use it. And I'm not into carrying drawer queens.

A knife that I had always coveted as a teenager, I discovered I could never bring myself to use. Felt like King Midas.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Why do you buy high end tools and don't use them ???

I can't understand that.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Well in my case I've been Collecting Survival knives from a hell of alot of Countries for 20yrs ish, so I already own the Original issue knives and I do try ''Not'' to use them as for me there Collectables and worth staying that way whether they go up in price or not, So I do try to get and use the Copy's of the Blades which I think I'll be giving a Beating regularly.
Hence my question about this knife.
cheers

Reactions: Erbswurst

Roc66

Sep 25, 2021
Devon
Hi have a kombat mod copy. bought to replace my stolen original. I have to say I’m very impressed. Ok it’s 35 pounds so hey.
faithfull repro in terms of weight and design. Handle black fibre well riveted on. Guy in the local army surplus store insisted on demonstrating how sharp it was by doing the classic slicing paper trick.
I have used it a lot. At present it sits next to the wood burner chopping kindling including a fair bit of batoning. I have a fiskars x7 and x17 right next to it but love the thing for kindling.
summer months it’s been sat in my truck. I’m a builder,gardener, landscaping jack of all jobs and it got a lot of use . Cutting chopping prying etc and it’s stood up well. Steel type isn’t specified and let’s face it at this price point it’s not going to be anything spectacular but I’m impressed with its robust build and edge retention.
id say buy it. And if You’re interested in selling yours please let me know I’d love to have it. Enjoy

Roc66

Sep 25, 2021
Devon
Exeter surplus has them for 35 and I try whenever possible to support local retailers so that I can go somewhere and actually feel the thing in my hand.

Reactions: billycoen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE