lowa boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hi i've recently got a pair of Lowa gtx, these are new but shop soiled. It looks like they have got wet at some stage, and the mold not cleaned off, but some kiwi, has cleaned them up, but left the leather "scarred". They are a bit big for me(11, i take a 10.5)but were cheap !.

Meindl's, i have the none gortex one's,not sure if its the borneo or burma, but they are great, wore them on a w/end on Hadrians wall, straight out of the box, brilliant boots.

Rob

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Another thumbs up for the Meindl non Gore-tex boots here. I found the Gore-tex lining caused my foot to slide in the boot which is why I plumped for the non Gore-tex version.

I have worn them around camp and on 10 milers over Dartmoor with no adverse effects whatsoever. Coupled with Berghaus Yeti Gaiters, they have left my feet bone dry and warm with no sweating whatsoever.

Martin

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Bringing this thread up because I just read about the lowa supercamps. Always fancied trying the lowa patrols without goretex lining But these sound even better and more like the army hi leg mk1 boots of the late 80,s which I liked. Obviously with more refinement. Those that tried both what do you like.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Bringing this thread up because I just read about the lowa supercamps. Always fancied trying the lowa patrols without goretex lining But these sound even better and more like the army hi leg mk1 boots of the late 80,s which I liked. Obviously with more refinement. Those that tried both what do you like.

The old supercamps had a full white leather lining with a stiffer leather and sole unit, a bit overkill really. The new ones only have the forefoot lined with leather and the rest is Cambrelle, the same stuff used in the patrols, they also now use a softer leather and sole. Its up to you but I've never been impressed with them.

Tonyuk

Tim B

Oct 26, 2013
North Cornwall
Can't comment on Lowa's but have been really impressed with a pair of Hanwags SF leather lined boots that I bought a while back. Really comfy, wear them most days, and I haven't had wet feet yet (been keeping them waxed).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE