Looking for flint

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I know that there is none at the Moot site....
Once again I am on the scrounge for flint and if there is anyone coming to the Winter Moot that lives in a flint rich area and could see their way clear to gathering up a bucketful or so for me I would be very grateful! :)
I have a selection of various things in my "Trades bag" from pouches and sheaths to knives and hip flasks of home-flavoured spirits such as Blackberry Vodka....
I was planning a trip down into flint country this winter - but starting a new job has scuppered that idea!
Cheers
John

Reactions: zornt

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well - this is a bit of an old thread... and there is no Winter Moot this year.... but I am always up for more flint!
My ideal size of piece is fist size or bigger - right up to "OMG - I can barely lift it!"
If Covid allows a Moot of any sort and you are coming then I (and no doubt others) would be keen for a trade :)

The puffin squire

May 19, 2020
Kent
Well - this is a bit of an old thread... and there is no Winter Moot this year.... but I am always up for more flint!
My ideal size of piece is fist size or bigger - right up to "OMG - I can barely lift it!"
If Covid allows a Moot of any sort and you are coming then I (and no doubt others) would be keen for a trade :)
Hi if your still after flint I can sort and post some to you, currently on deep drainage (I'm a plant operator ) and hit a seam about 2.5 m down have pieces size of melons lol .

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Flint is a very fine form of chert - if I recall my lessons well....
Postage would be crippling so I will pass on that thanks - but if you are thinking of visiting West Wales at any point and you can find some room in your luggage.... :)

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.