Loftys Survival Tool is back....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bert333

Settler
Jan 15, 2008
Earth- for awhile longer...
No connection to sellers but very recommended-
Mine never left me!
I've had mine (and still have) for years- a solid and reliably made piece of kit- top stuff from Mr Wiseman:)
(just change the grind to suit your needs!)

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
the smaller model looks too small to do any serious work, the last thing you want from a 'survival tool'!
the small one will sell but not for the right reasons.

the thing i don't get about these kind of knives is why anybody would want one over a old, well trusted design such as a kukri, bill hook or a real parang?

pete

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Couldn't help thinking that's a bit steep, so I checked out their Website and now I'm a mass of quivering jelly.

I thought two grand for a three-knife set was expensive, but that was two grand EACH!

BarryG

Nomad
Oct 30, 2007
NorthWest England
I've got an original lofty and it does do the job. However, I cant say it performs any better than my golock. Additionally, i never really use them much in the UK.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I had one and sold it on; I'd always wanted one since reading his survival manual as a kid.
It was very thick, very heavy, didn't hold an edge and not really much use in a European forest

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Never liked the concept, its a topics tool. No good for northern europe. Knew that soon after I read his book when I was a teen. Machete based designs are tropics stuff.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I found the handle too small and the price too big.

Hands like shovels and wallet full of moths.

I'll stick to a knife and an axe I thinks.

Wings

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's not my cup of tea

It looks a bit jack of all master of none to me, although I've never held a parang or machete in my life so maybe I'm missing out on something.

Give me a woodie clone, saw and axe and I'll be happy :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'd like to try the parang. Not much use here in the UK, but it looks like a nice tool for tropical work. I can't see someone of LWs experience designing something utterly crap, but then these things are so personal, so what is good for him, may not suit everyone else.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE