Loch Tay meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Preferred date for a Meet up at The Scottish Crannog Centre, Loch Tay.

• 26th to 29th October 2007

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 2nd to 5th November 2007

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 9th to 12th November 2007

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 16th to 19th November 2007

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • 23rd to 26th November 2007

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 30th November to 3rd December 2007

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Gailainne

Life Member
I am SO:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: O looking forward to this, and it sounds like there will be some brill classes to check out too, I've taken the friday off so will hopefully be up there early doors.

Patrick the skinning, butchering process is something I would like to experience, tanning process too.

Have I mentioned I'm looking forward to this weekend :rolleyes:

Stephen

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I would love to be able to come to this meet, but as I've never attended anything like it, I must admit to being slightly apprehensive. Well apprehensive and skint so getting there from Ayrshire would prove to be a long walk.. lol

i was apprehensive the last time i went to one of these for the same reasons as you. it turned out that it was all unfounded. if anything, i have a feeling this one will be even better with even more to do.

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Hi guys,

Just got my invite for an angiogram tomorrow morning. I dont have any experience of these, so depending on how I am, I may be with you on Friday. But I bet it will slow me down.

What a bummer I've really been looking forward to it too. So many activities to have fun with. So have a great time and I will see you next time.
George:sadwavey:

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Scott's going to back my bow over the weekend, how cushy is that?
He has sinew prepared and was making hide glue when I spoke to him a few days ago, all he was lacking was a stave, so being the kind spirited soul that I am I offered one of mine:p.

But only if he sees the game so Locum, you've got guarenteed company;).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hmmm, and it's all of maybe a km from the site :rolleyes:....guess they'll be busier than they expect on Saturday then :D

Geordie that's not so good; here's hoping it all goes smoothly and they leave you fit and healthy. If you do get up the site isn't hilly, it's easy to get to and since there's a bunch of activities going on there'll be more than a few folks sitting aroudn making stuff.
Take care,
:grouphug:

Russ, 16 bunnies = a lot of skin as well as a good dinner.........maybe Mr Fox will thin that out a bit though. I'll bring small pouch and courran patterns just in case he doesn't :)
atb,
Mary

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Ive got 8 rabbits for the pot I dont mind bringing them as long as some one will cook them
any takers ??? ill hang them for a few days :)

Gailainne

Life Member
Well thats me got my kit sorted and packed ready to go. I'm heading up tomorrow(Thursday) about 10am, so see you all there :)

Lucky beggar

I have a nightmare run of meetings tomorrow, to sort out various contracts, contractors before I can escape :rolleyes: I'm taking friday, and monday tuesday off, and I'm hoping to stay up there till the tuesday night. Work can go :nana:

Stephen

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Well thats me got my kit sorted and packed ready to go. I'm heading up tomorrow(Thursday) about 10am, so see you all there :)

gah! I've got customers in tomorrow as well but I'm having a sneaky 'work from home' on friday which should see me up there not long after lunch.

Got all my kit laid out in the spare room and am in the what'll I leave behind quandry. Will probably take my ruck with all my kit in and throw the rest into the back of the truck 'just in case' :rolleyes:

With curry, rabbit and stew my food bag is getting smaller and smaller though, which is good!

Must say I'm quite excited over my first meet, really looking forward to it!

Cheers, see you friday,

Alan

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I'll pack tomorrow. It's not like it's difficult to put my kit together.
1. empty cupboard into rucksack
2 throw rucksack into car.
Katy isn't coming (too cold) so i only need about 1/3 of the usual clutter.
:D

The hard bit is deciding which knife to bring with me.
Pukko,
Lekku,
CS Khukri
Kukrhi
CRK mountaineer,
mora
svord drop point
woodlore,
etc.
:eek:

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Stuart f - might see you up there tomorrow night. I'm all packed and ready...got Thursday off too and there's nothing keeping me here so might head up in the afternoon instead of Fri morning.

warthog1981 - I was hoping to get a couple rabbits myself but thats not going to happen now...I've got a small to medium iron pot that will take a few rabbits so I'll bring it along with some ingredients to add to make a stew for a few hungry mouths.

All the kit packed in the rucksack...and the 'just in case' stuff in a box or two in the boot lol. It's amazing what you take when you're not walking too far :)

See you all there... Vince

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Well as I suspected I didn't manage to get the funds to come up - while unemployed is good hours the wages are crap.. lol - So perhaps next time, shame really I was beginning to look forward to this. Oh well I'll just go out into my back garden and pitch my tarp and pretend...

Hope you all have fun.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
The hard bit is deciding which knife to bring with me.
Pukko,
Lekku,
CS Khukri
Kukrhi
CRK mountaineer,
mora
svord drop point
woodlore,
etc.
:eek:

Perhaps take them all...:)

Will there be any signage to show the campsite? Or is it pretty obvious?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE