Loch Tay meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Preferred date for a Meet up at The Scottish Crannog Centre, Loch Tay.

• 26th to 29th October 2007

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 2nd to 5th November 2007

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 9th to 12th November 2007

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 16th to 19th November 2007

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • 23rd to 26th November 2007

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 30th November to 3rd December 2007

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Joking aside, if the canoe is needed I don't mind lending it, plus paddles and buoyancy aids. It was free for everyone to use at the Achray meet and there were no problems.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
We have permission :D though any responsibility for safety or possessions is on each individual.

Nordic Outdoor ? Who are they?

Permission to camp form the owner, good.

Nordic Outdoor http://www.nordicoutdoor.co.uk/ make light my fire products and Tentipis.

What are the dates again ?

I'll hopefully be there friday night and canoe saturday. If the snow arrives I'll be away Munro bagging.

Nick

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Is the location as per grooveskis post number 41, in the area bounded by dalerb, boat trips and parking/picnics??

I believe so, going by Toddys original description. There'll be plenty of folk there on friday night.

As I understand, fires are OK, but should we bring our own wood etc rather than thinning out the local area, I know some people won't be able to but I can probably bring a bit to last me some of the weekend. I know we'll have a communal fire but everyone likes their own one for cooking etc. I'm happy to use a pocket cooker/stove, thoughts?

The area is surrounded by FC plantations, in my eyes that means guilt-free firewood. I've never heard of the FC taking offence at folk clearing away windfalls or tidying cut areas. I don't realy think of FC as "proper" woodland, as soon as it hits height the place will look like a barren moonscape anyway until the next crop goes in.
If it came to it we can jump in a vehicle and go scavenging on some other bit of the plantation.

Having said that, I have toted wood to a couple of meets before and it never goes amiss, if you have the wood and have the space feel free.:)

What are the dates again ?

16th-19th

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Permission to camp form the owner, good.
Nordic Outdoor http://www.nordicoutdoor.co.uk/ make light my fire products and Tentipis.
Nick

I don't think I know anyone connected with them. Do I?:confused: No one on the probable attendings list has mentioned if they are them.
This meet is just that, a meet. Hopefully a meeting of like minded people, some of whom might be interested in doing some volunteer work with the Crannog centre; it's not a sales pitch.
We usually have a barter table, and there are usually a few items that folks would like to sell, a bit like members classified and the makers market, but that's it. Commercial stuff can be a nightmare of licences, insurances and the like and we're not set up for that.

atb,
Toddy

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Boat wise - If Scott and I come up together we'll have two, if we come up seperately maybe three.
Doc, I would say don't bother yourself but I offered to take a target to Achray once and ended up there for the weekend, it's a good ploy;).
If you hand over your boat to a total stranger for the masses to joyride I'm willing to look after it for you:p when temptation gets too strong and everyone heads down the river.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Nordic Outdoor may come as at the 'paddlefest' they were interested.

So it's a go for site ? Is there definite permission ? The group size is outwith any rights under the SOAC.

How my paddlers ?

Any paddlers gonna bring sails ?

Nick

Nick, there seems to be a wee bit of confusion here. Has someone invited Nordic Outdoor to the meet? If so, they had no right as it's a private meet for members of this forum and their personal guests. It's an informal gathering on private land by invitation and has nothing to do with the SOAC (Scottish Outdoor Access Code). Traders are not welcome, and anyone gatecrashing the meet to sell their products will not be welcomed. The only trading taking place will be member's personal items they no longer need, or goods that members have made themselves to sell to other members. Besides, Nordic Outdoor's products are overpriced. If someone from Nordic Outdoor wants to attend as your guest, they may do so as an individual, but not as a Company.

Eric

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
It there is definite permision for camping great, no need to look to the SOAC for allowing the camping. Plenty of parking for twenty cars great. If I'm def. coming I can bring 4 pallets and some old chipboard furniture that is sitting waiting for locals to burn.

Nordic outdoor, don't think they are coming. Sometimes they appear at events eg Wilderness Gathering. Prices ? Thought they were reasonable to me.

Cheers

Nick

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
Hi folks,

It seems I will have the time to join you for a brew at the crannog. I will be bringing a roe deer with me which
will be skinned and butchered on Fri morning if any one is around or interested in having a go.
I'll be making a large pot of venison curry for Friday night - more than enough to feed a large tribe of carnivores
- if you would like to fill your face please bring your own breads, tortilla, pitta or chapatti. On Saturday I will
make the famous airborne stew with the remainder - no breads required. All are welcome to join me
(only looking for a pot washer in return!)

I will also be wet scraping a few stinky hides for brain tanning over the weekend if anyone is interested or fancies catching the plague.:eek:

nothim.jpg

PS Don't be concerned if you see this guy wandering around the camp area - its only me in disguise...

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Hi folks,

not sure if I'm going to make it - currently have some kind of virus which has attacked my lymph system. Feel like I've gone a few rounds with Tyson.
Will see how I'm doing later in the week.
Thats some cold sore Patrick...

Cheers

JFW

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I would love to be able to come to this meet, but as I've never attended anything like it, I must admit to being slightly apprehensive. Well apprehensive and skint so getting there from Ayrshire would prove to be a long walk.. lol

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh very well done :D
Maybe you can help me suss out how to put up a geodesic dome? :rolleyes: :D

Skint, you are welcome to come along and join in the collective somethingorother. :) I'll add your name to the list.

JFW, oh that doesn't sound like a fun thing at all :( Hope you're feeling better soon; it woudl be good to see youat the meet but lymph things can take a while to clear properly :grouphug:

Patrick....sometimes I wonder about your diet :eek: :D

cheers,
Mary

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
ive already got the whisky looked out and Nans
if some one can save me some curry should be there around 8 ish on friday night :puppy_dog :lmao:
JFW get well soon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE