Loch Tay meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Preferred date for a Meet up at The Scottish Crannog Centre, Loch Tay.

• 26th to 29th October 2007

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 2nd to 5th November 2007

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 9th to 12th November 2007

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 16th to 19th November 2007

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • 23rd to 26th November 2007

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 30th November to 3rd December 2007

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Sounds like a busy weekend!

Looks like a big list but if you ran around like a blue-arsed fly you'd probably catch it all :D .

It's impossible to guess what you'll end up seeing or doing and don't worry if there's a bunch of folk in a cluster doing something and you miss it because you're off doing something else. Someone else may be doing it later and you can catch it then while filling them in on what you were doing while they were doing that.
In other words you always miss something but not always.;)

I'd like a good look at a big log, that's what I'm looking forward to.
A knapping demo at a Scottish meet is long overdue so I'll be doing one even though the whole public demo bit freaked me out a bit when I tried it before.
And the rest of the weekend, who knows?

A list would perhaps make new faces feel more welcome. I joined the forum for a meet and it was nice to just put my name down(although I did get the impression that if there was a door it was an open one:) ).

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
The log canoe sounds like a great project...
My blanket shirt could pass for iron age in a bad light...

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Josh,i was thinking about the previous threads about Scottish meets,and we usually had a list of names that was there for all to see. i just thought it was good as it gave us a chance to sort of become familiar with the user names that would be attending the meet.

Anyway i will stick my head on the chopping block to start things off.

PS please feel free to add your names.

Loch Tay meet.
Stuart f

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not a bad idea; :D

Big Geordie
Chainsaw
CraigM9
CraigB
Doc+ ??
Eds+
EricMethven
Fiona
Gailainne
Graham S
Gregorach
Grooveski,
halfdevil333 ++
JFW ?
JohnC
Locum76+
Match
MikeBrady+
Narc+
Ol'Smokey
Orenda
PatrickM
Robby??
Scot_Charles_River
Scott
Scottishwolf
Shona?++
Skint
Sneaky
Stuart f
Toddy+
Treeclipper
Typha?
Warthog 1981
Windward

and I *think*, three dogs. A labrador, a collie and I don't know what the third one is :rolleyes:

Too late for my sleepy brain....that list is just off the top of my head.......please add if I haven't remembered.

Cheers,
Mary

I might just be able to come up for a walk with the missus & kids on Sat(17th) as I had to get an emergency op at the weekend for a hernia..lol no taking the micheal plse.
So I wont be coming up camping with my mate, I'm kinda gutted about this . Was so looking forward to meeting you all & learning some new stuff. lol will just have to keep learning from here untill the next one.

Hopefully I'll be fit enough to drive by the 17th & can make a day of it. If not have fun

Tree

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was beginning to be awfully thankful that it's a big loch, then realised that not everyone will be staying right through and some are just visiting for the day.
It's a beautiful day here, I'm really hoping the weather gods are feeling benevolent this month.

Treeclipper that's a sore one :( I really hope it heals well and you are quickly back on your feet.

cheers,
Toddy

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Nordic Outdoor may come as at the 'paddlefest' they were interested.

So it's a go for site ? Is there definite permission ? The group size is outwith any rights under the SOAC.

How my paddlers ?

Any paddlers gonna bring sails ?

Nick

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We have permission :D though any responsibility for safety or possessions is on each individual.

Nordic Outdoor ? Who are they?

Our meets are very laid back, busy, productive, try a dozen new things, enjoy the company/ see what folks are up to/ put the world to rights, sort of events. I usually go home with so many ideas that I'm like a toddler on a sugar rush :eek: :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I usually go home with so many ideas that I'm like a toddler on a sugar rush :eek: :rolleyes:

Likewise. I'm usually on such a high after these meets my missus is convinced I'm having an affair.
"Why can't you stop grinning?"
"I'm just happy"
"Why are you so happy?"
"Been sitting round a campfire wi' a bunch o' lads talkin' about different stuff"
"What stuff?"
"Just stuff, bushcraft and woodcraft stuff"
"Yea, right, what's her name?"
"Honest, it was just blokes"
"You Ba$tard!"

Eric

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Sorry, all, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to make this one. My folks are coming up all the way from England and I can't really slope off that weekend.

If the opportunity arises I'll try and pop in. Mary - is the Crannog centre open as usual that weekend for tourists?

Re the archery target - if someone else can bring one, fine, but if not I'm happy enough to lend mine if we can work out the logistics.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It happens, life gets complicated. Drop in if you get a chance though.
The centre is open for visitors at the weekend, in fact there's an Autumn Harvest Food Festival on the Sunday, that'd be good jaunt for the folks if the weather is favourable.

atb,
Mary

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I think we've got between two and three other targets lined up, so we should be OK on that score.

Now, your canoe on the other hand... ;)

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I can pick up docs canoe (if I can find some false number plates...) :naughty: ;)

A couple of Q's from me;

Is the location as per grooveskis post number 41, in the area bounded by dalerb, boat trips and parking/picnics??

I'm intending knocking off work as early as possible and getting up on the Friday evening, is this OK?

As I understand, fires are OK, but should we bring our own wood etc rather than thinning out the local area, I know some people won't be able to but I can probably bring a bit to last me some of the weekend. I know we'll have a communal fire but everyone likes their own one for cooking etc. I'm happy to use a pocket cooker/stove, thoughts?

Now I just need to figure out how to fashion an underblanket out of an old sleeping bag and some bungees (without cutting up the bag...)

Cheers,

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE