Loch Achray Meet 18-21 September

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
As I have to return Docs canoe to him I thought I would make a long weekend of it. ~So with Magikellys help have booked a site on Loch Achray. It is Forestry Commision land and the site will be right next to the loch.
I went up there on one of Johns meets and had a great time. There are no facilities at all, no toilets, no showers but if I recall there is water laid on. (is that correct John?) The cost is a massive 75p per night.
There are no activities planned, just a chill out weekend. Plenty of conoeing and plenty of nattering.

Tis is alink to SoTP thread. http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18255

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just replied over there Ian but I'll put me down on here too.

I'll be there depending on brownie points.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
September's so far away it's hard to say without casting bones but there's a very good chance I'll see you there.
Looking forward to it. :)

There's no water supply, no facilities at all - just as it should be. There's plenty of water in the loch.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I would like to come along on this please. It is a long time off but should be able to make it no problems. Do I need to reply on SOTP aswell?

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
That'll do me, I can bring a water filter msr type job if that helps or will a good rolling boil suffice, not sure on the geography of Achray so will water be ok? Failing that ill chuck in some from home in a jerry can.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE