Loch Achray meet 13th -16th October, 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
As far as the cooking workshop goes, I really don't think I'll be super fit enough to do all that I planned. I was really hoping to make this a lazy long weekend this time so I can get over the surgery properly. No probs if anyone else wants to run it, I'll lend a hand when needed, but bulk cooking, ground ovens, baking bread and all the rest of the programme I first suggested isn't going to happen. I'd just like to chill out with good company and a bottle of Glen Tesco single malt. I hope nobody was coming up just for the cookery workshop.

Eric

P.S. John and Graham, I have your leather flasks finished. I'll bring them up with me (plus a few spares).

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Updated list.

Eric_Methven
Graham_S
MagiKelly
stuart f
gregorach
Grooveski
Scuba Pete
JohnC & Joe
Toddy, Varibo, Fiona & Denise
warthog1981
CraigM9
Goose
The Joker
Doc plus two sons
Narc plus kids
John
wildrover
jamesoconnor
Morch & Scout
Emberglow
locum76
Wayland
Draven
Match
John Dixon
David B & Mike B
Blutack

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Well, I am already looking forward to this one. Should be an excellent meet.

Achray is a good spot for learning canoe and I am sure that anyone who wants to try it will have ample opportunity. I will have my Nova Craft Bob Special and there will no doubt be four or five others with canoes, so it's quite feasible to have ten folk out on the water at a time. Wind might be an issue - things can get interesting much over force 4.... :)

I doubt very much that midgies will be a serious nuisance. (I know I'm going to regret saying that.....)

Josh - could you bring the kids glassfibre recurve bow that we left at the last meet?

Magikelly - would it be possible for you to bring your children-sized bouyancy aids/paddles?

Sunset is going to be about 6.20pm, and the site is quite shaded, so will be pretty dark after 7pm. I guess that means more time for malt by firelight. :)

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
I will have my nova craft prospector with me so anyone is welcome to use it. I will also bring along a spare medium size boyancy aid along with my xlarge one.
If anyone needs it too I can also bring along a spare hammock, midge net and reindeer skin for anyone who would like to try out sleeping in a hammock like us sensible one's!! :D

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Doc said:
Josh - could you bring the kids glassfibre recurve bow that we left at the last meet?
Awww. My TV watching bow.
I'll miss it :( .

Quick reminder. Any toys of mine lying around are fair game. Don't wait for me to come back from a paddle/walk in the wood/drive into callander/emerge hung over from hammock/etc to ask permission. ;)

Scuba Pete - I'll be going up on Friday morning, back monday evening. If that suits you then a lift is no bother.
[P.S. for S.P. - If you happen to be about 5'10 - 32" waist, can I borrow a wetsuit? :) ]

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
John, could you pop Scott onto the list as well please? He made a hammocking comment so guess he'll be trying it out. :)

Goose, cheers for the offer. :D
You need to clear out some PMs mate. This's getting bounced saying you've exceeded your space.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
I will let you know about the lift. I will try my best to make it. As I mentioned its my birthday that weekend, so I dont know what going to happen.

I missed the last one, I dont want to miss this one but my life is all up in the air at the moment :(

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Scuba Pete said:
I will let you know about the lift. I will try my best to make it. As I mentioned its my birthday that weekend, so I dont know what going to happen.

I missed the last one, I dont want to miss this one but my life is all up in the air at the moment :(

Don't worry about it, I've been missing mine for years.
Look at it this way if you miss your birthday you can't get any older. :rolleyes:
I keep telling people I'm only 21 for years, but they don't believe me ;)

MickT

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE