Loch Achray meet 13th -16th October, 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
warthog1981 said:
does anyone want me to try and bring a few bunnys for the pot i,ll bring them if someone will cook them ?

and i will eat them if someone cooks them!! :D

also, round my way there has been a load of mushrooms appearing so is there anyone at the meet who could show me a thing or two about identification as i'd love to know which ones I could eat.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
MagiKelly said:
That depends on if he is bringing his gimp suit?
Knew that comment would come back and bite me on the neoprene clad ar$e someday. :rolleyes:

He may have :p. He may have his son along too but that's not for certain yet.
...and I'll make sure he packs his mushroom books James. Between Toddy and Scottie last year......
.....well, they sounded like they knew what they were on about and no-one keeled over after the stew.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't mind cooking rabbit, but Scott beats me hands down on the fungi know how. :notworthy
Actually, we could just make a pot au feu, add broth mix, veggies and whatever meats turn up (I think there may be some venison too) and keep the broth going right through the weekend.
If we did two of them and kept one clearly Veggie then there would always be something hot to eat.

Cheers,
Toddy

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
jamesoconnor said:
and i will eat them if someone cooks them!! :D

also, round my way there has been a load of mushrooms appearing so is there anyone at the meet who could show me a thing or two about identification as i'd love to know which ones I could eat.

i'll cook absolutely anything that is proposed. just give me a fire and a couple of pots and somebody to do the washing up.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Methinks I'm unable to go now :(
A few things have come up, not going to go into them (It's bad enough thinking about them!) that'll be requiring cash, and I need to try and keep my weekends free.

Sorry if this causes any inconvenience where booking is concerned :(

I was really looking forward to meetin' y'all too :(

Ach well... I'll try to make it to the next one!
Cheers folks
Pete

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Well, I reckon we should be able to do pretty well on the mushroom front... I'm not exactly an expert, but I can certainly spot the ones you definitely don't want to eat, as well as many that you definitely do. I'd expect a decent haul of boletes, and maybe a handful of chantarelles too if we're lucky.

I can maybe do a camp stool demo / workshop if anyone's interested. Beats sitting on logs... ;)

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
It will be a good time for fungi and it looks like we will have a few experts on hand......though I'm not eating anything unless they ALL identify it as edible.

Dunc - my canoe is at your disposal. Well, actually, it's at everyones disposal, but I'm still trying to compensate for the unscheduled river Tay swim last year :) .

Should be a cracking meet, all the old hands plus the enthusiastic new folk. Sorry to hear Draven cannot make it but there will be more, no doubt. Scuba Pete- if you can make it, do so. Achray is a great location and it would be good to talk radio operating with you and Eric.

Although it is early days, we had a very memorable winter meet last year, and perhaps we could devote a bit of campfire time to planning another one. Winter camping is a good test of gear and skills, and the long nights are good for swapping ideas.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
i've just got me new tent for the meet. i had to comprimise with the missus this time but i might get a hammock and stuff next year.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
If there are plenty of people interested, i'll have a lovely fresh organic lamb which i'm happy to bring along if anyone knows how to cook a whole lamb? Or i can butcher it and bring the legs and shoulders if people would prefer?

But you'll have to let me know as theres not much point bringing it if its not gonna be eaten.

Dave

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Just an updated list.

Eric_Methven
Graham_S
MagiKelly
stuart f
gregorach
Grooveski + Scott
Scuba Pete
JohnC & Joe
Toddy, Varibo, Fiona & Denise
warthog1981
CraigM9
Goose
The Joker
Doc plus two sons
Narc plus kids
John
wildrover
jamesoconnor
Morch & Scout
Emberglow
locum76
Wayland
Match
John Dixon
David B & Mike B
Blutack

Silvergirl + 2 children

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
morch said:
If there are plenty of people interested, i'll have a lovely fresh organic lamb which i'm happy to bring along if anyone knows how to cook a whole lamb? Or i can butcher it and bring the legs and shoulders if people would prefer?

But you'll have to let me know as theres not much point bringing it if its not gonna be eaten.

Dave

sounds good, i'll help eat it :D
someone will know how to cook it, i'm sure.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've spit roasted a lamb before but it takes a lot of fuel and constant attention.

It would be a lot easier to handle as joints that could be stewed. I can provide some cauldrons
cauldron.jpg
to do the job and I'm sure we could erect a servicable cooking rig on site.

I don't mind handling the cooking for one day but I don't want to spend the whole weekend on the job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE