Loch Achray meet 13th -16th October, 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
How's the fuel situation at Loch Achray?after all the site will presumably have been busy through summer. Our local supermarkets are selling off bags of charcoal very cheaply just now since the barbeque season is by, and it's good to cook on.

Cheers,
toddy

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
morch said:
If there are plenty of people interested, i'll have a lovely fresh organic lamb which i'm happy to bring along if anyone knows how to cook a whole lamb? Or i can butcher it and bring the legs and shoulders if people would prefer?

But you'll have to let me know as theres not much point bringing it if its not gonna be eaten.

Dave

I'd be happy to cook joints in an Umu (underground oven) if the ground is suitable. Would take 8-10hrs though so perhaps not the first night.
Very ecconomical on the fuel so know need for that chainsaw :nono:

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Thought it only polite to say, after i bombarded Magikelly with questions, I was hoping to come up with pete (joker) but a potential house move on that weekend has put a spanner in the works. hopefully another time I will be able to make it up there to meet the northern sept.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i'm not sure if a ground oven will work, we're very close to the water table at the achray campsite.
might be worth a try though.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
what with all of this excellent meat thats going to be at the meet, i think i'll have to bring me whole spice rack along. has anyone got a big tagine?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
True, true; it looked like an Al Quaeda training camp last time with all the shemaghs covering folks from the midgies :rolleyes: :D

Cheers,
Toddy

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'll bring me chainsaw! Remember all those great big beech logs that caused my hernia? I'll bring them too. They'll be fine to cook over. There should be enough curved branches as well to make spoons from. It's been drying for nine months or so so it should be about perfect for crafts and burning. Talking of spoons, I have half a dozen Frost spoon knives and half a dozen Frost carving knives. I'll bring them along too. I'll let them go at a tenner each - what I paid for them.

Eric

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Remember the chainsaw cannot really be used while the FA are watching (So Stuart_Blink need to be not there and you need not to have an accident)

The Forest Drive has been shut early due to the road needing work done to it and felling work is taking place, not near the site, so we still have the use of the camp site and it means that we have to come in the exit but other than that no problem.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Eric, could you bring your bopper? I'll lift some rock and the tarp this time.

If anyone else has any antler we could butcher to make knapping kits it'd be handy. Sure we could always improvise though(discovered that the but of my old knife makes a pretty good bopper :eek: ).

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Band's on before the fire juggling, right after the magic show. :p

Pulling rabbits out a hat would be a useful skill to learn. Snares are for amateurs. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE