Loch Achray meet 13th -16th October, 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
excellent, i'm in. now to the serious business, whats everyones favourite whisky?

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
in my experience there can't be too much food. does anyone have a wild boar that needs spit raosting?

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
who me l :lmao: think ill half my rations this time

MagiKelly said:
Shouldn't be a problem. I will email Stuart about extending the booking although having seen how much food you brought for two days I wonder if there is enough room on the site for you coming for an extended stay :)

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
hmmm, a warthog would be good but only the 4 legged variety. as for whisky, i just got a belated birthday present from my brother of a 15 y/o dalwhinnie. dunno if it will last 'till october though. in fact, it might not last the week.

also, it aint exactly bushcrafty but i got a pair of projumps recently (you know those springy stilts as appeared on the zurich advert) and would love to take them. is there any sort of solid smooth surface at the achray site?

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
oooooooo I'd like to go, but I need to make sure I can buy a couple things I'm in dire need of first... oh well, fingers crossed...

PS: If I am able to go, would I be able to hitch a ride with anyone? :eek: I'm in West Lothian but can easily get a bus to Glasgow or a train to Edinburgh...

PPS: What's the weather generally like there? Ie... tarp & hammock or tent? :rolleyes:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
tarp and hammock.
mind you i use a tarp and hammock all year round anyway.

what are you in need of? someone may have some spare kit you can borrow.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I'm actually in need of a... tarp and hammock! :rolleyes: lol
I've never tried using them before, I've only used a tent, but some kind soul messed up my tent quite recently :eek:
I've seen both tarps and hammocks go quite cheap on ebay, I should be able to pick one of each up within a few weeks and if they don't work out, at least I'll know what to look for in the next set :)

Could anyone recommend a size for a tarp? I saw one at a good price sized 6 ft x 8 ft... would it do or should I try for something bigger?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE