Llangollen group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Forgot to mention that I'm withdrawing several pairs of jeans from active service this week, and have a freshly cleaned syrup tin waiting for just such an occasion.

So who fancies trying to make char cloth on Saturday morning?

Chris

Im always up for making charcloth. My stock is starting to run low, so ill try to remember to bring my coffee container if you can supply me some denim!

Cheers
Stu.

soggy boots

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2007
Manchester
Hi all
Because I'll be train/walking in. Will it be OK if I contribute with £s for any BBQ.
Looks as though there's quite a good variety of grub.
I'll of course be carrying in my every day food!:eek:
Best regards
John

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Oh God, I'm gone for half a day and all bloody hell breaks loose!

Right, first and foremost. The logistics of the vehicle situation will be sorted via this thread, phone calls and emails. Then, when reality happens, we'll deal with it . . . or not.

Second, camp where you like, how you like, and with who you like as long as you don't upset the flora and fauna. You might think it's all birds and bees and as you like it out there but they have rules and delicate sensibilities you know.

Squirrel culling I think is okay even if I find it profoundly upsetting to my delicate sensibility (not to mention the squirrels'). However, in the interest of general all round blood lust I shall check with Dave the Wood. By the way Stewart, I got one with your herb bread in the trap but had to let him go.

Food. Stewart - I do hope you weren't troubled by my little meander into Graham Norton land in the earlier post - just riffing with our Martin. I'm sure your spit is more than adequate - quality not quantity ay! Seriously though - you always bring loads which you share with a straightforward generosity that is simply really bloody nice. I shall endeavour to find something interesting for the BBQ/spit roast night as my contribution. Let's all just do that. Bring something you like that you can share a bit of. Roo and giraffe sausages sound absolutely delicious Chris so I'll let someone else try them first as I wouldn't want to appear too greedy.

I'll put a list together of what is already there (not much) and what we might want and then we can decide who's bringing what to save six of us bringing six of whatever it is when we only need one.

However, in order not to upset Matt because I know he's very sensitive about these things I think we ought to have a corned beef hash night on Friday. For those not interested (how could that possibly be the case) then okay but I'm sticking with Matt on this one as I happen to love corned beef hash. Matt, it's you me and yon pan of lumpy!

Last but definitely not least - IntrepidStu - your name suits you. I salute your determination in the face of a grumpy old me. Be glad to see you and Suzanne next week. I'll be setting up my own little camp with my own little fire to stare into as well so you wont be the only one. It's good to have a little place to chill when there's lots of new folk around.

Best
David

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Sorry I've been a bit quiet on this thread chaps but I have some work things going on that are commanding more of my attention than I should let them.

Anyway, I will need to confirm with Nat if she has booked the Saturday morning off (I can't remember now) so depending on logistics it may be a case of me nipping out on Saturday to pick her up or even we get there on Saturday.

I'll get sorted and get a better composed plan together by tomorrow as this affects the food how's and when's.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
I'm bringing 4 venison burgers which are absolutely delicious. One for me and three to share.

My sister is also making her fabulous boozy cake for me to bring too.

Matt, no worries about Friday night if you can't make it though I hope you can. Lobby doesn't require any particular advanced prep so even if it's last minute that you find you can't come we'll all sort ourselves out.

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Sorry I've been a bit quiet on this thread chaps but I have some work things going on that are commanding more of my attention than I should let them.

Anyway, I will need to confirm with Nat if she has booked the Saturday morning off (I can't remember now) so depending on logistics it may be a case of me nipping out on Saturday to pick her up or even we get there on Saturday.

I'll get sorted and get a better composed plan together by tomorrow as this affects the food how's and when's.

where abouts are yoou coming from ?

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Dave the Wood says it's fine to kill squirrels - apparently they damage trees.

Not only that but it is apparently illegal to let one go! If you need me I shall be down the local police station handing myself in.

Hope there's a reward!

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
By the way, who's coming to the meet, or thinks they might be coming? I'll start a list based on what I can remember. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Elevenses + 1
Intrepid Stu + 1
Matt Weir + 1
Red Kite
Wanderinstar
Soggy Boots
Chris G
Lightfoot

Is that the lot?

Aragorn? Singeblister? SimonM? PJMCBear?

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
For those who are coming do you:

Know where you are going?
Know when you will be arriving (roughly)?
Have my mobile number?
Got your travel sorted?
Require vehicle transport onto the site or will you be walking in. (If you haven't got too much kit then I can carry some of it for you).
What's the news on the parachute?

I'm going to the wood on Thursday and I'm away for the afternoon on Wednesday so whatever needs sorting needs to be done today and tomorrow.

Kit that's there:
kettles
pans of varying sizes
oddments of cutlery
some mugs
food:
tomato ketchup
some tins of beans and toms
oddments of rice and pasta
a couple of tea bags
no coffee
some sugar but not much
no powdered milk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE