Llangollen group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Hi Guys

Put me down for a definite maybe for the 18th - 20th. I'll confirm by early next week.

Assuming I do come are there any preferences for game items - I'll bring my spit roast kit along.

ATB

Stewart

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Hi Guys
Assuming I do come are there any preferences for game items - I'll bring my spit roast kit along.

!!! careful now :rolleyes: LOL .......... OK I have a dirty mind ignore me.

Hope you can make it Stuart (not sure about the spit?)

Should we formulate a food plan to avoid the same as the last meat .... I mean meet :D

I think we need to say which we prefer if we have a preference.

(a) decide just to bring our own or

(B) organise what food each to bring to save lots being left over like last time.

I have no preference happy to be allocated a food group or to bring my own

David fancy showing off some of your fancy organisational talent ?

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Polecat Paul hasn't been on the forums since March and his mobile isn't working so i've left a message on his home phone about using North camp next week.

it is the weekend of the 18th ?

just wanted to check as that is now next week and not then

sorry only just picked up on this

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
I think we need to say which we prefer if we have a preference.

(a) decide just to bring our own or

(B) organise what food each to bring to save lots being left over like last time.

I have no preference happy to be allocated a food group or to bring my own

David fancy showing off some of your fancy organisational talent ?

Let's do both. Bring your own food for every day except Saturday evening and, since we seem to have the BBQ thing more or less under control, then bring something you like e.g. a sausage or a burger plus one or two that you are willing to share.

On the other hand, how big is Stuart's spit roast and is it big enough to satisfy all of us? Are we talking about a big fat hunk of meat here or is it just a pocket sized jobby for small birds who're maybe game or maybe better bred? If Stuart's got what it takes to fill all our mouths with succulent, juicy meat then hey, let's all chip in and we can even lend a hand on the day to help him get it all hot and greasy. Think I'll be sliding mine between some hot buttered babs. How about you Martin? Oh yeh, I remember from last time - you like yours dry ;)

NB Don't blame me for that one - elevenses started it.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
The spit will take 3 or 4 birds or a single large joint.

How about I bring along a selection of pheasant / woodpidgeon / partridge / duck depending on what the butcher has in on Friday morning.

I'll cover the cost of the birds if someone else can sort out some greens to go with them - lets at least pretend towards healthy eating.

ATB

Stewart

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
that's great ill bring the rest what does everyone want ?

carrots, parsnip, peas, spuds, onion anything else ?

I love roast parsnip :D

Do you want me to bring a small joint for the Friday night to "help set the spit up" ;)

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Me and the missus are probably coming down on the friday evening, so is there anything you want me to bring for the BBQ Saturday??

Oh, and has anyone got any suggestions on how to keep the squirels from wrecking another cool box (they knawed my last one; and we were only gone 60mins or so).

Stu.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Me and the missus are probably coming down on the friday evening, so is there anything you want me to bring for the BBQ Saturday??

Oh, and has anyone got any suggestions on how to keep the squirels from wrecking another cool box (they knawed my last one; and we were only gone 60mins or so).

Stu.

We could always put the trap on top of the coolbox

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire

Stu.

We did not get any squirrel trouble so its either your cooler box or where you camped maybe worth either using carrier bags or camping with everyone else ?

Or you could put it in a metal box. We could make lots of traps and eat them :)

For real revenge we should chew the side of their dray and see how they like it LOL :D

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
For real revenge we should chew the side of their dray and see how they like it LOL :D

Nice One!!

We did not get any squirrel trouble so its either your cooler box or where you camped maybe worth either using carrier bags or camping with everyone else ?

Yeah..We will definately be pitching camp near everyone else this time (as long as I can still have my own fire to stare at)

We could make lots of traps and eat them :)
Dont know if you sre being serious here, but I would like to learn how to gut/skin/cook an animal and I suppose a squirel will do mate.

Martin, How are you going to camp this time?? are you still using your tent?? My new hammock came today and I know suzanne is looking at buying a 3/4 man tent. I will also be putting up my tarp. I will, however, be trying to cut down the amount of stuff i bring.

Stu.

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Martin, How are you going to camp this time?? are you still using your tent?? My new hammock came today and I know suzanne is looking at buying a 3/4 man tent. I will also be putting up my tarp. I will, however, be trying to cut down the amount of stuff i bring.

Stu.

Are you suggesting I share a tent with your misses !! I didn't think that this was that sort of gathering :D LOL

this thread is getting better by the post ;)

Not sure yet, we will not be taking the massive tent we took last time and TBH I may be under a tarp on the first night. But will be setting up the tent anyway so seems daft to carry both!

the plan so far is....

(A) my landy is back on the road and I go down in that (can also ferry people and gear while there)

(B) SWMBO drops me off with my gear and some of her gear on friday then comes back on Saturday.

The problem is I am working in Newbury on the Friday and don't know what time I will be back. SWMBO is working Saturday so will be joining us Saturday night.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Are you suggesting I share a tent with your misses !! I didn't think that this was that sort of gathering :D LOL

this thread is getting better by the post ;)

Not sure yet, we will not be taking the massive tent we took last time and TBH I may be under a tarp on the first night. But will be setting up the tent anyway so seems daft to carry both!

the plan so far is....

(A) my landy is back on the road and I go down in that (can also ferry people and gear while there)

(B) SWMBO drops me off with my gear and some of her gear on friday then comes back on Saturday.

The problem is I am working in Newbury on the Friday and don't know what time I will be back. SWMBO is working Saturday so will be joining us Saturday night.

It would be cool if you brought the Landrover. I was just saying to SWMBO that we will probably have to park in the village and ferry gear up on foot (dont fancy that much). We should probably get the parking situation and gear moving issue sorted in this thread, so if you or David have any ideas......

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Right, I have some sausages in the freezer which SWMBO has requested I bring - Roo and giraffe or something - can't remember what exactly.

Also - squizzers - excellent idea!

As I'm going home on Saturday, the sausages will have to be on friday night/ saturday breckie or lunch.

And I've set myself the challenge of bringing just a 44 litre rucksack.

ATB

Chris

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Forgot to mention that I'm withdrawing several pairs of jeans from active service this week, and have a freshly cleaned syrup tin waiting for just such an occasion.

So who fancies trying to make char cloth on Saturday morning?

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE