Llangollen group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
interested but will have to check dates :) looks like a nice place , If I were to bring my canoe would it be safe left on the roof in the parking area or is it a public car park , Just thinking about options I hear the Llangollen canal is a nice paddle

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
We could bring your canoe into the wood just to be on the safe side or the farmer might put it somewhere for you - just in case.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
I think that is going to be the main weekend Stu. Look forward to seeing you.

*Correction* I misread your post Stu - looks like its going to be you, me and the mice.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
I would be interested in either the second or third dates, as per my PM.
Ian.

Well, I'm going to be there on all those dates whether nobody comes or everybody comes so don't worry about which dates suit me or not. It's what suits you and you can change them as you wish right up till the last minute.

I suppose where a sense of who's coming, when and how is relevant is in the logistics of getting folks on site and comfortable without too much fuss so if you can all make your final decisions about 48 hours before, more or less, then we can work out shared transport, pick-up from the train stations and transport of kit etc.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
I've recently acquired two recurve bows and 16 arrows from a lovely fella (who turned out to be a bushcrafter!) through freecycle. He may even come to the meet. Dwardo has also made a longbow so we could have a tour of the wood combined with a spot of archery. I just need to source some straw bales for targets.

If anyone knows how to weave willow into animal forms there's a wlliow coppice at the wood and the owner would be fine with us making some sculptures / targets to dot around the place.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
You'll be welcome. Can you make any of the dates this summer to see where it is and what the set-up is?
Off camping with the Cubs on the June weekend, and we've the Midlands Meet in July, but August might well be possible.

I will check with SWMBO and see if she fancies a weekend at her Mum's.

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Ive got a weekend pass for this weekend :)

plus my better half said she would come :0

looks like i may be able to make the one next month as well

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE