Little shout out for the gift it on thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Mods please remove this if you think it is not a good idea.
The gift it on thread has been hugely successful but at the moment I'm not sure how many people follow it. ATM there is only a handful of people that post stuff up and take from others. So head on over to the thread to share a bit of good will.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57726&page=215

Enjoy and get gifting! Read how it works first.

Also if you follow it regularly then please feel free to post below.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
I personally think its a good idea, unfortunatly there hasnt been anything that i've particularly wanted so ive never really posted in it.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
honest feedback?...

i stopped looking quite a while ago, it keeps bubbling to the top but i just keep avoiding it,..

lack of anything suitable to offer up keeps me away, and if i see something i could use then i wouldnt want to take it and then shuffle around for 2 days trying to rustle up something to put up,...

maybe i should get a box full of unwanted bits together first and then go and have a look,...

to be honest,..imho thats the way it should work

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
honest feedback?...

i stopped looking quite a while ago, it keeps bubbling to the top but i just keep avoiding it,..

lack of anything suitable to offer up keeps me away, and if i see something i could use then i wouldnt want to take it and then shuffle around for 2 days trying to rustle up something to put up,...

maybe i should get a box full of unwanted bits together first and then go and have a look,...

Thanks for your honest feedback. I find it a good idea and have got a few things off there. Yeh i agree there is the burden of having to give something in return. But then it goes by the saying. " another man rubbish, is another mans treasures". So it allows you to get things that you might want and give away things you don't. Just my opinion. Have another look. ATM its ground to a halt but every now and again it flares up and loads of good stuff gets put up.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I've pre-sorted future gives just incase I come across something I want/need.
This thread is the envy of many forums who don't have the membership numbers to make it work.

If you don't want to use it then fine, but many of us do.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I've pre-sorted future gives just incase I come across something I want/need.
This thread is the envy of many forums who don't have the membership numbers to make it work.

If you don't want to use it then fine, but many of us do.

Im with you on this one. although i havent got anything put by because my kit collection isnt that big. LOL

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Sure in gonna get told off for this but, it is my feelings on it, there is a lot of tat offered up that I personally have no interest in, people are not going to just take some caff just to be involved, it know it is not supposed to be about price but the item has to be of worth to you. Go back to the start and see how the "worth" not cost!! O the items has dropped significantly you can link it in to the numbers of participants dropping too. I have no idea what to do to reverse or reset it because to do so would be against the spirit of the thread itself, in that you can't and should not set a minimum cost of the items. I personally feel that the thread has run its course and should be closed, maybe something to run again in a year or so for a limited time. That's my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Have Fun.

Southey.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Sure in gonna get told off for this but, it is my feelings on it, there is a lot of tat offered up that I personally have no interest in, people are not going to just take some caff just to be involved, it know it is not supposed to be about price but the item has to be of worth to you. Go back to the start and see how the "worth" not cost!! O the items has dropped significantly you can link it in to the numbers of participants dropping too. I have no idea what to do to reverse or reset it because to do so would be against the spirit of the thread itself, in that you can't and should not set a minimum cost of the items. I personally feel that the thread has run its course and should be closed, maybe something to run again in a year or so for a limited time. That's my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Have Fun.

Southey.

Thanks for you input southey. So what you saying is at the start people gave away loads of good stuff. but nowpeople just give away carp.
Thanks for your honest opinion!

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I must admit that it's getting harder and harder to please people in the thread but I still think it is a good idea IMHO.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
it still running there is no obligation for people to take stuff for the sake of it and indeed have a moan if someone has put something of lesser value....

it is what it is i taken one item i wanted and put an item i didnt havent felt the need to do it again because there hasnt been anything i want / need that hasnt been dived on within minutes. I dont have the time to sit watching for something good but when it does it seems to be dived on....

people need to remember that something on offer they may not deem to be of "the value they expect" may represent alot of money to the person offering it?

it is what it is i sometimes check in to see whats on offer but i wont take stuff for the sake of it...

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Ali's just brought some chocolate pudding out of the kitchen and mentioned we have no custard,...

now if some custard were to be offered up , i have 2 hexi tabs i dont want,...

well i say 2,...one is used and i,ve lost the other ,..but its all about the thought isnt it?

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Ali's just brought some chocolate pudding out of the kitchen and mentioned we have no custard,...

now if some custard were to be offered up , i have 2 hexi tabs i dont want,...

well i say 2,...one is used and i,ve lost the other ,..but its all about the thought isnt it?

Lol. Nice one!

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I agree with southy to a point but there are still some gems on there. Ive had some great stuff that has saved me making purchases. Most folk offer good gear that has good 'worth' even if its not costly. There are however some gifts that i marvel at for their....whats the right word....well you know that programme carp in the attic where they have a challenge to sell a pup and the guy triples the sale price.... :D:D:D

more than anything its good to give and i like knowing someone has got something they regard as useful from something that was sat in my erroneous purchase draw

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Has to be said, I stopped checking in daily after people started to offer weird and less than wonderful - non bushcrafty stuff. I'm on a bushcraft forum because I'm interested in that stuff. If an influx of non bushcraft related stuff starts to take presidence, then the thread is bound to generate less interest. I haven't checked it out recently though, so perhaps that trend has diminished. Hopefully.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I agree with southy to a point but there are still some gems on there. Ive had some great stuff that has saved me making purchases. Most folk offer good gear that has good 'worth' even if its not costly. There are however some gifts that i marvel at for their....whats the right word....well you know that programme carp in the attic where they have a challenge to sell a pup and the guy triples the sale price.... :D:D:D

more than anything its good to give and i like knowing someone has got something they regard as useful from something that was sat in my erroneous purchase draw

Well said. Personally i don't look for high value items on the thread. Nor do i trade them. However its nice to swap bits n bobs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE