Lightweight plate or bowl

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have a confession to make; my convoluted mind *loves* origami. I've been folding paper into geomatrical shapes for well over forty years....my family joke that I have a black belt in origami and where other women hide and stash chocolate, I stash paper :eek: My particular interest is modular origami and some of the huge flat sheet designs that create flexagons.
Those Orikaso plates have a real appeal, but it's back to the fire problem again. I like double duty kit; if I can use the bowl as a pot, if needed, so much the better. Thank you for the links. :)

cheers,
Toddy

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Mary,

My local millets has the folding plate, cup and bowl set in their sale for 5-7 pounds -I could nip down and get you one. The pound shop has ss dog bowls about 5 inch diameter at top tapering to 4.5 inch at the base, comes with a natty wee hanger for attaching to another bowl etc. Let me know if you want me to pick some up for you.

Cheers

JFW

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
There is no link between aluminium and alzheimer's, thankfully, that myth has been shot down .

$orry to be picky, but no it has'nt.........been shot down that is.

The World Health Organisation states that Aluminium is not a PRIMARY (hedging their bets) initiator of alzheimers. The NHS uses words like "cannot be linked to", "current findings suggest". But no one CONCLUSIVELY states that alzheimers is not linked to an excessive intake of aluminium IN SOME PEOPLE.

I am currently on a sabbatical from a nursing degree - I like studying, ok - and my hospital work had me in a ward mostly populated by dementia and alzheimers sufferers. The Consultant neurosurgeon saw it as his duty to make students work so I had to accompany him on rounds with the student doctors and had to be as knowledgable as them......so I had to read up a lot, and I do not mean on the internet.

If you check out some of the alzheimer societies internationally they advise on ways of avoiding the intake aluminium. Added to which there are international standards governing the intake of aluminium from cooking and eating utensils.........which probably indicates that a grey ally oxide coming off your utensils means that your utensils do not meet the mark.

That said though, for every study indicating ally is bad for you there is another indicating it might not be.

But, it most certainly does not fall within the category of camp fire myth. There are serious people doing serious research into the subject and there are a multitude of online papers available to be read, along with medical dictionaries.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The Consultant neurosurgeon saw it as his duty to make students work .

So they should, I had to lol. How far into your training are you?

As you said, you can find data to suit your views with regard Aluminium (and most topics as well), so from my end, I go with the view that it won't send me ga ga and still use it.

Enjoy your training and I hope you do well with your degree, nursing is a great job, I started later in life but wish I'd trained when my wife did 25 years ago

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE