Lets See Your Bullet Guns

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
IMG_0865.jpg

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Vintage Anschutz Model 1432 in K22 Hornet

I've never lost a fox to it yet and when hit, with a 35g V-Max on top of 13 grains of Lil-*un powder they just fall over and with no exit hole even when as close as 15 yards. Just perfect for preserving pelts. It is however a 100 yard smoke pole as far as I'm concerned although the books will say 200. They don't however mention the significant fall off in accuracy and bullet drop!

I love it for woodland fox calling when you need to acquire the target quickly and often when the critter is breathing down your neck!

Cheers

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Your very kind mate. I have a few so if you can sell em, then I would advertise em - someone at CGC might need some.

Happy to help create space however :)

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
Vintage Anschutz Model 1432 in K22 Hornet

I've never lost a fox to it yet and when hit, with a 35g V-Max on top of 13 grains of Lil-*un powder they just fall over and with no exit hole even when as close as 15 yards. Just perfect for preserving pelts. It is however a 100 yard smoke pole as far as I'm concerned although the books will say 200. They don't however mention the significant fall off in accuracy and bullet drop!

I love it for woodland fox calling when you need to acquire the target quickly and often when the critter is breathing down your neck!

Cheers

just reminded me of this piccy i found of fox hunting !! cracks me up every time :D:D

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
This cracking thread needs a bump so here's another one of mine:

IMG_0490.jpg

a. Cooper Jackson Squirrel Rifle in .22lr
b. Conterol Custum Projectionless Rings & Mounts
c. Vintage All-Steel Redfield 4 - 12X40 Scope with re-engineered parallax for rimfire ranges.
d. Custom made fluted silencer of my own design in s/s.

Cheers

SMOKOE

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
They're wonderfull photos Duncan and it's enlightening to see them; proofing you don't need Realtree, Gortex and Ghillie suits to out wit the beasts. Just plain old field craft.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I still have my Grandfather's Remington Speedmaster .22 short; an absolutely fantastic bunny gun as it's almost silent. When he died (in the 70's) it was found under the bed; I think it was his poaching gun as all the other guns were on the licence.

I recently changed my 10/22 for a CZ (still not convinced I did the right thing but I like it).

I still have my Anschutz 64 match rifle but don't do comps anymore. I'm thinking of shortening the barrel and making a hunting stock for it - that will be one very accurate bunny gun if a bit on the heavy side. :)

Cheers,

Broch

Cael Nu Mara

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 8, 2008
Highlands
Hello chaps - Im sorry its taken so long to get back to you chaps, but hind culling and all really takes it out of you, when I get home I just want to go to bed!

I dont mean that sort of bolt at all, silly description really andybysea, I mean a 90 degree action, if that makes sense at all!

Klenchblaize, I love those rifles! Simply wonderfull.

How do you get on with the scout Red? I must asmit im not a fan, though I've only ever used one once.

Keep 'em coming chaps

Sam

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I still have my Anschutz 64 match rifle but don't do comps anymore. I'm thinking of shortening the barrel and making a hunting stock for it - that will be one very accurate bunny gun if a bit on the heavy side. :)

I hear that Annie barrels have a slight choke to them, so if shorten it you might lose 'some' accuracy. Whether it's 'too much' accuracy is another matter. Also don't forget that 64 actions are very loose and rattley, not used one afield myself but I've heard stories of chaps buying buying brand new 64 sporters, taking them out once or twice then selling em immediately to get a 54 or CZ.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
How do you get on with the scout Red? I must admit im not a fan, though I've only ever used one once.

Really like it, although with light barrel it strings a bit for the first mag on shots 3-5 as the barrel heats up. I quite fancy a .243 version to go with the .223 but woudl probably choose a heavy barrel (TE) version for that cartridge I think

Red

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
some really nice kit here chaps - you are making me want a nice little .22 bolty for the rabbits.

I will have to get out and do some shooting with the air rifle to get my fix as it were.

andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE