Lets See Your Bullet Guns

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cael Nu Mara

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 8, 2008
Highlands
Hello all.

Now I saw the "Lets see your air guns" thread, and wondered why there wasnt one for our Rimfire/centrefire shooters? So I now try to remedy it. Post anything really thats shoots bullets, no wee pellet/shot guns here thank you! I do think that we should stick to UK legal though, just to be on the safe side. If you want to post specs and things feel free, its always nice to see what other folks muskets are! I'll put one of mine up to kick it off. I might take some piccies of the others if I have time.

243jpg.jpg

Its a Steyr Mannlicher Prohunter, in .243win wiith a 1.5lb trigger, scope is a 8x56 Schimd & Bender German, IMO one of the best low light scopes you can buy. Since that picture was taken its had a few mods done to it. The barrel has been chopped from 23.5 inch to 20inch, The supressor is now a Ase Ultra S5 in stainless rather than the T8. I always use a Niggelogh Rucksling, its grand for when your dragging a carcass or when your not going to need it anytime soon. I also use a 13"-24" Harris Swivel Bi-Pod. I found this very usefull, and always have it on now when Im stalking, just to usefull to not have! This is the gun I use for Roe and foxes at the moment, I wouldnt use it on anything bigger, I know lots of people do, but Ive seen far too many deer run to take the risk. I prefer something larger for fallow upwards, it was my Blaser offroad tracking 8x57, until I sold it.

Happy Posting

Sam

Last edited:

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Sadly had to part company with mine just recently because of other commitments - but it was a 1945 .303 Lee Enfield No 4 Mk II. An absolute classic, great fun to shoot.

Attachments

• IMGP0961.JPG.jpg
    IMGP0961.JPG.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 512

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Sadly had to part company with mine just recently because of other commitments - but it was a 1945 .303 Lee Enfield No 4 Mk II. An absolute classic, great fun to shoot.

beautiful bit of kit that mate.

I had a day with a P14 .303 some years ago and it was brilliant fun. hell of a kick on it though.

andy

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
beautiful bit of kit that mate.

I had a day with a P14 .303 some years ago and it was brilliant fun. hell of a kick on it though.

andy

My favourite toy - one after which I lust - is my uncle's Shiloh Sharps 50cal with a full-length telescopic sight and set trigger (he's of the larger persuasion, so shown here bench-rest shooting). It needs to be pulled through a couple of times after each shot, but it's worth it...

Attachments

• IMGP0960.JPG.jpg
    IMGP0960.JPG.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 505

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Since we are comparing Lee Enfields, this is mine in a couple of guises

No.4 Mk II in .303 with later (1950) sporterised stock and full handguard

With Parker Hale aperture sights and Garand sling set up for precision rifle

2058748297_0c17190203.jpg

With Armalon (no drill) scope mount, Russian 8x56 (cheap) scope and Harris "S type" bi-pod set up for sporting and "F class" shooting

631537731_cd7d8b2ba8_o.jpg

Clearly I can revert to blade foresight and original battle sight for military rifle comps.

A lovely gun and, whilst I have far more accurate rifles now, a joy to shoot.

Since the other ones we have on offer is a Steyr, here is my offering in the Steyr stakes

458894203_73bd222573_o.jpg

Stey Scout in .223 with a Leupold tactical mil dot on top.

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pretty gun :)

I started out with "bondage gear" .22 ;). Does yours sport a hook Matt?

Must admit makes an interesting contrast with my .22s these days :D

Red

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Pretty gun :)

I started out with "bondage gear" .22 ;). Does yours sport a hook Matt?

Must admit makes an interesting contrast with my .22s these days :D

Red

No hook, the only 'frippery' is an up/down butt-plate, custom cheek-rest (hacked about piece of pine), and the rear iris.

TBH I'm a bit bored with the whole 'bondage gear' shooting scene; with the little trigger time I get these days I much prefer the 'cruder' practices. When I get a better income and easier access to fullbore ranges I've promised myself a .303 and a .45-70.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Here's one of mine..... I think this would be UK legal.. If not Mods/ someone can you let me know and I'll remove it...

Swedish Mauser m96/38 in 6.5x55 originally a m96 made by Carl Gustav in 1915 then at somepoint shortened to a m38 carbine length. Mauser action cock on closing 5 shot magazine accurate enough for me.

It was in very poor condition when I got it most of the blue was missing the bolt was pretty rusty and the stock was nasty so I reblued it and refinished the stock which is Arctic Beech, it looks a bit better now..

DSCF0016-1.jpg

DSCF0017-1.jpg

DSCF0018-2.jpg

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
TBH I'm a bit bored with the whole 'bondage gear' shooting scene; with the little trigger time I get these days I much prefer the 'cruder' practices. .

I went the same way :) You can still have lots of fun with .22s though - just get into the mini rifle / gallery scene

632005283_c7c3aa91b6.jpg

With a 50 round clockwork drum mag - its all the fun you can have fully clothed :lmao:

Red

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I went the same way :) You can still have lots of fun with .22s though - just get into the mini rifle / gallery scene

632005283_c7c3aa91b6.jpg

With a 50 round clockwork drum mag - its all the fun you can have fully clothed :lmao:

Red

Now that is one pretty 10/22... may I please have a little more technical info on it?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hmmm The receiver is original :)

Lets see now...Heavy profile Volquartsen snake fluted barrel. Thumbhole shilouette laminate stock, extended mag and slide release, sorby recoil buffer, tuned trigger (single stage 2lb break), titanium pin, weaver mount, Whitetail classic scope.

Totally different to shoot than my good ladies which is all carbon fibre and very lightweight. Mines a heavy old lump :)

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE